ok...so i was going to get a new amp inplace of my Hayden Mofo but have been persuaded otherwise.

most of the guys said to get a decent distortion pedal so that the Mofo will then have enough gain to be able to sound like 80's hair metal.....metallica...slayer etc.

so ive been looking around and the MXR Fullbore Metal M116 pedal, the vids on youtube sound good but is there any other pedals that you guys can think of or is this a really good pedal to have?

thanks
Last edited by rock rocks at Jun 25, 2010,
I doubt you need anything like that, try running an overdrive pedal over the gain channel.

[EDIT] wtf, since when where those bands hair metal???? I take it you weren't alive in the 80's...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
I doubt you need anything like that, try running an overdrive pedal over the gain channel.

[EDIT] wtf, since when where those bands hair metal???? I take it you weren't alive in the 80's...

+1 what i'd suggest.

A nice Tubescreamer type pedal will smooth and tighten your gain up nicely.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
i know those bands arent 80's hair metal...i ment to say ' 80's hair metal, metallica and slayer type of tones....i just couldbt be bothered listing all of the hair metal bands i like......

so some of you are sayiny a tube screamer...are they good?...and what do they do?
Quote by forsaknazrael
The Ibanez Tube Screamer (TS9, TS808, etc...) is a series of overdrive pedals. They'll have a bit of a mid hump to it, and add clipping to your signal.

I'd go for the 808, should be a bit fatter.

Toss it over the Hayden's OD for best results.

ok, i'll look into it, but the Mofo's gain can only go up to early sabbath stuff.....will the tubescreamer be enough to get the sounds ive said above?
the Tubescreamer is an Overdrive pedal. use it to boost the Mofo's distortion channel.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by rock rocks
ok, i'll look into it, but the Mofo's gain can only go up to early sabbath stuff.....will the tubescreamer be enough to get the sounds ive said above?

I have a Fallen Angel which is probably similar to the Mofo in terms of gain levels, have a listen to the clips in my profile...some of them are with a Boss OD3 over the top of the lead channel.

Also how loud are you running the amp?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by rock rocks

Yeah you should be fine if you set the Mofo to its best distorted sound then boost it using the tube screamer with settings like (out of 10):
Gain 3
Tone 5
Volume 10
Quote by steven seagull
I have a Fallen Angel which is probably similar to the Mofo in terms of gain levels, have a listen to the clips in my profile...some of them are with a Boss OD3 over the top of the lead channel.

Also how loud are you running the amp?

I'm not sure about the Mofo's gain structure but the FA is a high gain amp dooood.
Quote by i_am_metalhead
I'm not sure about the Mofo's gain structure but the FA is a high gain amp dooood.

I really don't think it is
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc