Page 1 of 2
Ive had the head around 5 months, maybe 6.. bought from electro music in doncaster..
No problems whatsoever, i'm just after something a lil' bigger to be more comfortable to gig with, with a preference to a combo...

The cab was purchased with the head at the same time, absoloutely no tears/marks or any major signs of usage on it, has a celestion speaker in it already...

Looking for £300 ovno, but would most like a trade for guitar/amp?

Based in east midlands.

Full Pic.

Head.

Cab.

Inners Of Cab.

well 5w is 5w, but if its for home usage, it can get way above the volume needed, with the 12" cab it sounds alot beefier? than the combo does... more than enough for home usage basically..
it would probably get over a drummer, but it depends if you use cleans alot, the dirty channel would ...
yeah thats fair enough, the clean channel cranked to past 3/4's is at the tube break up stage, so probably not the best for your needs!
Sorry for the double post.

I can out up pics if you want. Its heavy and LOUD. Cant do metal gain but has enough for most people.

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
Ill work on pics. The amp does need a re-tube which is why I am willing to let it go for a 112 (I realy wanted a 212 but meh)

Time on earth is like butterscotch; you really want more, even though it will probably just make you ill.

Certified lurker
ok then if you can provide me with some spec etc on it it would be nice, never really heard of jet city amps?
oh right, well to be fair i'd have to try find a local dealer with the mark 6 sound city stuff in before i meet for any trade! i see they dont stock these anymore, so could be a job..
Quote by ProfDrum
Explorer in my profile?

Cheers,

Drum

hmm i would consider but the idea was to get another amp aha

how much for the blackstar in your thread?

shame the tiny terror is sold id love tha.t.
Quote by daverichards
hmm i would consider but the idea was to get another amp aha

how much for the blackstar in your thread?

shame the tiny terror is sold id love tha.t.

The TT was indeed a beauty. Couldn't do loud&clean together very well, but when you want some good heavy metal crunch it was absolutely astounding. I plan on picking up another someday when I'm back in work.

The Blackstar I'm after about £850 for, or a good PX. It's practically brand new with warranty card and box, footswitch etc.
Got a Marshall JTM 30 combo if you're interested in a straight trade?

- Nick
Quote by Bassface7
Got a Marshall JTM 30 combo if you're interested in a straight trade?

- Nick

Also have a "Colombus" Telecaster 30odd years old in white with a pointy ibanez style headstock, twin humbuckers and a floyd that i could throw in.

- Nick
Quote by Bassface7
Also have a "Colombus" Telecaster 30odd years old in white with a pointy ibanez style headstock, twin humbuckers and a floyd that i could throw in.

- Nick

got any pictures of these matey?
Tops mate, Looks mint from the front, all original knobs and such, no tears in the exterior, the only thing i will say is that when i got it (didnt own it from new) it was missing 2 feet, so i've replaced them, one of the four screwholes was stripped inside and the guy had superglued a foot on, i've made a repair thats held up the last couple of years fine, wouldnt even notice it if i hadnt mentioned. Best to say though. Couldn't say about the condition of the Tubes but they sound fine to me. Where are you based? If you're local you could give it a test run.

- Nick
Quote by Bassface7
Tops mate, Looks mint from the front, all original knobs and such, no tears in the exterior, the only thing i will say is that when i got it (didnt own it from new) it was missing 2 feet, so i've replaced them, one of the four screwholes was stripped inside and the guy had superglued a foot on, i've made a repair thats held up the last couple of years fine, wouldnt even notice it if i hadnt mentioned. Best to say though. Couldn't say about the condition of the Tubes but they sound fine to me. Where are you based? If you're local you could give it a test run.

- Nick

in terms of tubes, do you still use the amp?
ive read reviews about the pots on the volume etc becoming a bit iffy where the volume seems to fade/cut out alot...?
I read all the same reviews when i first got it but its been sound with me since ive had it, never cut out or had any other problem, i've gigged it maybe 6 - 7 times for a couple hours a time with no probs, and i was driving it HARD. All the reviews also say swap the tubes out for 6l6's for ballbreaking distortion, i've never found the need (I play a lot of classic rock, AC/DC ish style) but they reckon you can get some killer sounds out of it with a tube change, might be worth a go if you decide to swap.

- Nick
Quote by Bassface7
I read all the same reviews when i first got it but its been sound with me since ive had it, never cut out or had any other problem, i've gigged it maybe 6 - 7 times for a couple hours a time with no probs, and i was driving it HARD. All the reviews also say swap the tubes out for 6l6's for ballbreaking distortion, i've never found the need (I play a lot of classic rock, AC/DC ish style) but they reckon you can get some killer sounds out of it with a tube change, might be worth a go if you decide to swap.

- Nick

yeh i saw that but to be fair im not really an amp techie so i wouldn't really know what to look at or how to fix anything on them except switching them on and off aha !
so when you crank it to its top end, the volume is as expected from a 30w tube amp i assume?
Its LOUD. Like i said, i gigged it several times, without PA and it held up just fine against the drummer and the bassist (Who runs a 350w rig) Much louder than most solid state amps. Distortion at low volume is OK but when you really crank it its a proper Marshall sound, and because its a 2x10 the sound stays tight and with enough bass, despite being an open back cab. Clean is the real joy on the amp though, definitely the best clean ive ever played through, beating the balls off of fenders. I usually run the clean channel with a distortion pedal and kick to the crunch channel for a lead boost, and it always cuts through the mix brilliantly.

- Nick
Quote by Bassface7
Its LOUD. Like i said, i gigged it several times, without PA and it held up just fine against the drummer and the bassist (Who runs a 350w rig) Much louder than most solid state amps. Distortion at low volume is OK but when you really crank it its a proper Marshall sound, and because its a 2x10 the sound stays tight and with enough bass, despite being an open back cab. Clean is the real joy on the amp though, definitely the best clean ive ever played through, beating the balls off of fenders. I usually run the clean channel with a distortion pedal and kick to the crunch channel for a lead boost, and it always cuts through the mix brilliantly.

- Nick

so if the amp is so wonderful, i have to ask why you are wanting to get rid?
I don't gig anymore (well, not with guitar anyway) So i want a low wattage amp for home playing/session work. Played a HT-5 in PMT and loved it, so i've been scouting for one since.

- Nick
fair enough i was like that when i bought it and now im gonna be starting to gig so really my amp won't cut it for that purpose, where abouts are you based?
lincoln, ah bit of a trek away but could be worse, and unfortunately i don't have a car anymore as im going to uni in september...
I'll speak to the Mrs. (designated driver :P) only concern is i don't want to make a 2hr trip for you to turn around and say "Don't like it."

- Nick
Page 1 of 2