Hi everybody,

I'm about to buy a new guitar (playing for 2 years now with a crappy squier ) .

I was thinking to buy either the Ibanez RG 350 (black or white) or the RG370. RG370 being cheaper and rear-mounted.

But some people say that the bridge is bad and the guitar goes out of tune
That seems like a big issue to me and i want to keep the guitar for a while.

What other models do you suggest to me (try to keep it under 500 &euro.

I either want floyd rose or no whammy bar at all . I would like to have at least 22 frets and a modern looking guitar (like most ibanez do).

Thanks and sorry for my bad english

PS: I'll also buy a new amp : Peavey Vypyr 15 or 30. They seem fine but any sugestion is welcome.
Would like to have your opinion on those guitars

Ibanez RG370 (338&euro:
http://www.woodbrass.com/guitare+electrique+ibanez+rg370dx-bk+-+noire

Ibanez RG350 (359 Black 379 white):
http://www.woodbrass.com/guitare+electrique+ibanez+rg350dx-wh+-+blanche+zopc

Cort EVLX4BKS (389€ with nice pickups ):
http://www.woodbrass.com/guitare+electrique+cort+-+serie+evl+-+evlx4-bks+-+noir+satine

schecter SUNSET (367&euro:
http://www.woodbrass.com/guitare+electrique+schecter+sunset+custom+vibrato+-+satin+black+zopc

Schecter DEMON FR (367€ nice look):
http://www.woodbrass.com/guitare+electrique+schecter+demon+fr+-+satin+black

Cort X X11TCG(352 &euro:
http://www.woodbrass.com/guitare+electrique+cort+-+serie+x+-+x11tcg+-+gris+anthracite+translucide

the deamon fr and the EVLX4BKS seem really nice to me : floyd rose, EMG style pickups, modern look ...
Quote by Gift28

PS: I'll also buy a new amp : Peavey Vypyr 15 or 30. They seem fine but any sugestion is welcome.

If you buy the vypyr, I would suggest getting the 30watt version and the Sanpera I or Sanpera II pedals to get the full potential from your amp. The 15 version doesn't support the pedals.
Quote by brunorod
The 15 version doesn't support the pedals.

Thanks, i didn't know that, i'll probably get the 30 then even though i dont use much effects.

It's wierd i dont find a lot of guitars that are in the 400-500 € range.
yeah the problem is the trem on those cheaper ibanezes (most cheaper guitars with floyds suffer from the same problem).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
mmmm ok,

Actually i don't need the floyd rose. But i can't find a lot of guitars in that price range that dont have this feature. Most guitar without floyd seem cheap and are under 300€. I was looking for a 350-500€ guitar

ESP F50 (but only one pickup ...):
http://www.woodbrass.com/guitare+electrique+esp+ltd+f50+-+snow+white+-+edition+speciale+10eme+anniversaire+woodbrass+zopc

Shecter deamon without floyd
http://www.woodbrass.com/guitare+electrique+schecter+demon+6+-+satin+black

Bit more expensive Schecter (with floyd)
http://www.woodbrass.com/guitare+electrique+schecter+damien+fr+-+satin+black
The LFR on Corts is pretty good, if that's any help.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

when you say you don't need the floyd rose, do you mean that you're willing to take a hardtail, or that you'd be willing to look at guitars with non-locking trems? A guitar with a decent non-locking trem (e.g. a gotoh wilkinson) and locking tuners would (presumably) do most of the things a floyd would do and still stay in tune pretty well. you might not have that much of a choice, but there should be at least a couple in your budget with that kind of spec.

It won't do everything a floyd will do, but it'll do a lot more than a hardtail will, kind of thing. LOL
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
im not good with finding price ranges but i got a Washburn WM24V for 400USD and i believe thats less than you budget and it comes with either a FR or string through (might be wrong cant remeber what its called) but if you want a guitar with the floyd youll have to cut back on the amounty for your amp or just save up a little more for either one
Thanks all, I appreciate your suggestions

The LFR on Corts is pretty good, if that's any help.

Sorry, what is LFR

edit : AH, probably means floyd rose ... LOL

when you say you don't need the floyd rose, do you mean that you're willing to take a hardtail, or that you'd be willing to look at guitars with non-locking trems?

I'm not really familiar with these terms but :
I was trying to say that i am willing to pay more for a floyd rose but that i wont pay more for a simple tremolo (=>non-locking trem i suppose).
Thus floyd rose or hardtail (if hardtail means no whammy bar at all).

I would appreciate any suggestion of good guitars.

I would go for one of those :

Shecter deamon without floyd (340&euro
http://www.woodbrass.com/guitare+electrique+schecter+demon+6+-+satin+black

Another Schecter (with floyd 472&euro
http://www.woodbrass.com/guitare+electrique+schecter+damien+fr+-+satin+black

Cort EVLX4BKS (with floyd 389€ ):
http://www.woodbrass.com/guitare+electrique+cort+-+serie+evl+-+evlx4-bks+-+noir+satine

My question : wil these floyds go out of tune If yes i'd better take the Shecter witout tremolo
Last edited by Gift28 at Jun 25, 2010,
Quote by Tom 1.0
I really can't afford it now (selling most of my gear myself too) and at that price I'm sure you'll manage to sell it pretty quickly, but in the unlikely event that in five or six months' time you're still trying to shift that, give me a buzz.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
lfr = licensed floyd rose. With a couple of exceptions (schaller, gotoh, some of the ibanez ones, and a few others) they're generally not as good as an original floyd rose.

when you say you'd pay more for a floyd rose, but not for a normal tremolo, would you consider a normal tremolo if it's under your budget?

the cheaper floyd roses will stay in tune for a while but generally will wear out after a while. that's why you generally don't want to cheap out on them.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
It wouldn't bother me to pick a normal tremolo if the guitar is fine and under 500€.
ok, cool, just making sure I understood what you meant.

there are at least a couple of options:

Lag Jet 500: list is 600 euro I think, but I've seen them for quite a bit less- there's a shop in ireland blowing them out for 350 euro (though whether they'll ship abroad, I dunno- and also that's so cheap they might be ex-demo or something like that). I haven't tried the 500, just the 100 and 200, but assuming the 500 is at least as good as the 200 (and judging by the spec, it should be, easily), it's a very nice guitar.

Tokai GS100: There's an HSS version, though they seem to be a fair bit rarer than the SSS versions (I'm guessing you want the one with the bridge humbucker for the type of stuff I assume you're playing). You can pick up the SSS version here in the UK for £350, which is about 400-450 euro, I think the HSS is the same price. Only problem is it's not that modern-looking, and only has 21 frets- no locking tuners either. I haven't tried that exact model, but the Japanese-made Tokai Fender copies I have tried have been great.

If you can find one (they're discontinued I think)- yamaha pacifica 812v, or 612V if the 812 is over budget (it shouldn't be, but you never know).

godin freeway classic

Probably some other really obvious ones which I'm forgetting.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thank you for your interest.

I'm not a big stratocaster fan, neither am i a single coil fan.

I should have mentionned that i play nothing else than metal .

Thus being said the godin freeway classic and the yamaha pacifica 812v seem interesting to me.

Probably will go with the godin if i can find it.
Quote by Gift28
Thank you for your interest.

I'm not a big stratocaster fan, neither am i a single coil fan.

I should have mentionned that i play nothing else than metal .

Thus being said the godin freeway classic and the yamaha pacifica 812v seem interesting to me.

Probably will go with the godin if i can find it.

then shut up,and buy that LTD
Quote by archenemyfan
then shut up,and buy that LTD

Haha,

I won't buy it cause its a bit over my budget and cause i wanted a new guitar (the bridge looks a bit used on the LTD).

furthermore I'd rather buy my guitar from a professional guitar shop and have a warranty on the product and the shipping.
Quote by Gift28
Haha,

I won't buy it cause its a bit over my budget and cause i wanted a new guitar (the bridge looks a bit used on the LTD).

furthermore I'd rather buy my guitar from a professional guitar shop and have a warranty on the product and the shipping.

oh ok,I get it

good luck on your search
just to point out, the lag jet 500 matt design has a bridge humbucker, you don't have to go sss with the lag.

i'd be concerned of the quality of the floyd on that damian. I'm paranoid, but after being burned myself by a couple of crappy licensed floyds (on an ibanez and a kramer), I operate a guilty-until-proven-innocent policy, lol.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
just to point out, the lag jet 500 matt design has a bridge humbucker, you don't have to go sss with the lag.

i'd be concerned of the quality of the floyd on that damian. I'm paranoid, but after being burned myself by a couple of crappy licensed floyds (on an ibanez and a kramer), I operate a guilty-until-proven-innocent policy, lol.

ibanez Edge III?or edge Pro?
lo-trs
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
it's takeuchi-made, i think.

yeah, it's horrible.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I don't know i hat kind of body shape you're into but I own an Ibanez ART120 white. It's sooo dammnnn beautiful!
I play though a Peavey vypyr 30 too and it has a blazing sound!