im planning on getting a delay pedal pretty soon, but dont really know which one to go for.
Can you tell me which delays are the best and help me choose one?
thanks
The Boss DD-3 is a great pedal (in my opinion). It's not too complex- has just enough of what you need to get versatile sounds. Some one once suggested me the EH Memory Man but those pedals brand new are over $200 and I've heard while they give you a lot of options there are better delays cheaper. I've always been a fan of going to the music store and trying a lot of pedals out. Bring the guitar you play with and try to use the amp you play with also (if they have it at the store) and you'll get a good idea of what it will all sound like.
digitech hardwire dl-8
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
go for the boss DD-3 unlike the other boss delay pedals the dd-3 will stop the delay the moment its clicked where as the dd-3 theres no drag on of the effect and it works pefect if you have a very stop go style, or many stylistic changes in your music
I bought the BOSS DD-3 and it has some cool features. I think this is a good pedal to try out but see if you go to your local guitar shop and try it out for yourself, then you can see if its worth the money. I think its about £80-£90.
not good at converting USD into GBP(?) but a MXR carbon copy is a staple on my board. around 150 USD. might be a bit over your budget but definitely worth it.
Malekko Ekko 616 is better than the MXR Carbon Copy.

TS, What sort of features do you want in a delay? (tap tempo, long delay times, oscillation)

Do you want analog or digital????