I was playing guitar today and suddenly, the bridge pup started making squealy noises. Soon after the sustain started going to the point where on full gain i get about 1 sec of sustain. When i swapped to neck pick up, i realised that there was virtually no output. On full gain i was getting a clean sound !!!!!!!. On clean channel i couldn't' even hear the pick-up. Do you think it might be The 9v battery, because it hasn't been changed in AGEEEEEESSS. I hope it's not a wiring issue. Do you have any suggestions. Its a middle of the night on Friday, and i'd prefer to know now, otherwise i won't fall asleep. Unfortunately i don't have any 9V around me to try the batteries.
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
Quote by grizzli1994
Do you think it might be The 9v battery, because it hasn't been changed in AGEEEEEESSS.

Aha, here's the problem, too many toasters!
You should check the batteries to see if its the problem, but a fresh one in.
Otherwise it could be wiring issues.
Quote by Glenn Guitar
You should check the batteries to see if its the problem, but a fresh one in.
Otherwise it could be wiring issues.

he already said that himself. he wants to know which one it is
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
What bugs me is the difference between the output of both pups. The neck is set lower, but not enough to make such a output difference.
Schecter Blackjack ATX C-1 FR
Schecter Hellraiser C-7
PRS Custom 24
SX Strat

Peavey 6505+
BUGERA 333XL
Laney LA412 Cab
Marshall AVT100 (Living at my friends place :P )
THREE possibilities.
1. The battery is dead. Most likely. Just change it.
2. The amp is screwed up. Less likely but possible. Check your guitar with another amp.
3. The wiring is screwed up. Very unlikely, unless you enjoy throwing your guitar around. This problem is likely if we're talking about a cheap instrument cable.