Hey guys,

Everything good?

Yesterday I bought an Epiphone Les Paul Zakk Wylde in second hand. The guitar was in a very good condition.

Just to check that everything was okay and that it wasn't a fake, I checked for all the signals that a fake usually has. I browsed here and many other forums just to see the little things and if I in fact had the real one.

Everything was fine. But today, I started looking more closely and I noticed that at the back of the headstock where the serial number is, it seems that the numbers of the serial number were "stamped". Since english is not my main language I dont know if this is the word I want to use.

I have 1 letter followed by numbers. The letter is fine, but the numbers, in their background I see a little of ink. And if I try to scrape a little bit, that ink comes of, which means that the number can disappear.

I have had a few others Les Paul's, and if I remember correctly that didn't happen, the serial number I think was "indented" in the guitar and it didnt seem like ink.

The guitar has no signs of being fake. I checked everything, but that thing on headstock got me wondering.

Here is the pic:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[]
Last edited by blink7 at Jun 25, 2010,
its legit... mines like taht too
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Its a legit guitar. I've noticed that many Epiphones have the same type of serial number.
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
Looks legit to me. I had one and want another one very soon. The fakes that I see have the numbers stamped instead of inked with extra stuff.