the distorted "solo" over the clean intro is sloppy and timing is off in quite a few spots. Once the song starts just past 1:12 it gets better, but still not quite bang on. Overall tone is not bad.

overall Id give you 3/5 on that - clean up the intro and it could be much better.

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
hey thnx tyler....yeah the solos are sloppy...i never was much of a lead player but had to put them on anyways....after 7 guitar tracks a bass track and drums i wasnt in the mood to do alot of retakes thnx again cheers
i hear ya, Im not a lead player either so those always give me problems too

keep at it, you'll get it tight soon

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Hey lugzz, I've been working on my own version of Fade to Black pretty much since I started guitar. I'm very impressed by the rhythm work, and don't really have much other advice to add beyond tyler.

I was wondering what you're using to record? I don't really know anything about recording, did you buy special hardware and/or software? Also, how did you get the drums on there, do you play drums too? Lastly, how do you line up your separate tracks. I once tried recording a Mr. Crowley solo and the rhythm separately but couldn't quite get them to line up.

I've been itching to get my own recording of FtB done, so I'm pretty curious about your technique.

Thanks!
Intro was horrible, but the rest of the song from around 1 minute onwards was okay. The ending solo was okay, needs some work, you did not hit the bends right. I understand you're not a lead player but these are still things to work on.

Good job anyway, 3/5. Fix up that damn intro, work on the guitars being more on time during the middle of the song (it sounded as if one of them was lagging behind a bit) and try to tighten up your playing / soloing.