They really crank up the meh factor.

"Grindcore" my arse.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I'm not a big grindcore fan, but this sounds alot more like technical death\thrash metal or older melodic death metal. Maybe even deathcore at times.
Deathgrind is gay.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by eazy-c
They really crank up the meh factor.

"Grindcore" my arse.

I really don't know too much about this "style" of music, honestly. But from what I see, these guys are heading places, and playing with some big names, like Hatebreed, decapitated, etc.
Anyways, since we are all musicians here, and like to attack new music like a pack of ravenous dogs (haha) I would set them loose in here! LMAO
But anyways guys, constructive critisism is welcome. positive and negative, alike. But please, if offering negative, please include a comment about what you feel it may be missing. ie, improvements in area's and such
Listenable production, good drumming and less gay would go down well.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Quote by Cianyx
Is this supposed to be a rip-off of the insanely great Cali band? Funny considering they both play Deathgrind.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkJn3By6NUI
http://www.myspace.com/sanjosesupremacy

Edit: Sorry, didn't listen to TS' link. It's definitely not Deathgrind.

wow. that's some heavy $hit! haha But, truthfully, by the length of these songs, here, when I can take a crap and the entire album finishes twice before I finish, it just doesn't seem like something worthy of my money.
Shhhhhh. Terrorizer, Repulsion, Napalm Death etc. don't count. I mean the modern shite.

EDIT: Grind songs are supposed to be short fuckwit.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Quote by eazy-c
Shhhhhh. Terrorizer, Repulsion, Napalm Death etc. don't count. I mean the modern shite.

EDIT: Grind songs are supposed to be short fuckwit.

****wit?! o.0 If you have to resort to calling anyone names, then obviously you have nothing remotely important to say. restrict your comments to the music, or restrict yourself from this thread
I'll restrict myself from fuck all. Stop being so sensitive.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Quote by eazy-c
I'll restrict myself from fuck all. Stop being so sensitive.

U have been reported.
Quote by Zero Substance
The Cali In Disgust is WAAAAAYYYYYY better, not only musically, but ethically. I like my grind played in basements.

haha! that's cool!

I was wondering, with this band, here that I have posted for all to see. If they tried to add a few breakdowns here and there. Or maybe just a solid groove, to a few of these songs(Yes, I know that it would cancel them from being grindcore, not only changing the song) But would they be capable of generating a larger fan base?
Quote by Psychopathology
So you're asking us if your band should sellout then.

No. I am suggesting, that if they actually want to make money, and I am not referring to making millions, by selling out, but just enough to actually make an honest living. And be able to quit their day job, doing this. As they are actually out on the road promoting themselves and building a fan base. And that seems to be where the music industry is heading, with piracy and such. There really is no money in only making a record and hoping album sales will make you wallet grow fatter. It is now, more or less, heading in the direction of getting out on the road and playing live show's thus charging a cover at the door.

I agree that grindcore is not a commercialized genre. And should it stay that way? I dunno. But I do know that there are people out there that are looking for something in the music they choose to listen to, and for some of those "lookers" their search just might end with this style. In other words, it may be what they are looking for. And honestly, I had no idea there was such a thing as grindcore. I can say without reservation, the more I listen to it, the more I seem to like it. And maybe adding some sort of "breakdown" or tempo change or something like that may not be a good idea. Hell, I dunno. But what I do know is that there seem to be bland responses from those that choose to post their comments in here, so I was wondering either, should this particular band try such a breakdown, or whatever (sorry that I keep referring to a breakdown but it seems to be the only word I can think of to help everyone understand what I am talking about. haha) or maybe add something else to their songs. Don't get me wrong, It will change what they play, and they will no longer be classified as grindcore. But they do want to continue to play live shows, and for what it's worth, that costs money. It's just they way this world works. I don't like it either, but that basic fact is set in stone. And for what it's worth, if I am in a band, I won't mind spending my personal money to help us continue to play live shows, as they seem to be doing at this point in time. And for all I know, they could be struggling, or they could be doing just great, but either way I choose to support underground music. And altho this is my first thread of an underground band (of course, the bass player is a long-time personal friend of mine) I will be posting more if/when I find any and I will ask all those who read this to do the same! So.....

without further adue, I will stop rambling and suggest to all SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL MUSIC SCENE! And be sure if you see a band, and you think it's good, post a thread, with a link to their website, so we can all check them out!
Quote by charles_ebarb
without further adue, I will stop rambling and suggest to all SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL MUSIC SCENE! And be sure if you see a band, and you think it's good, post a thread, with a link to their website, so we can all check them out!

That's generally what we do here
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
What point of this was grindcore?

Wasn't terrible, wasn't good either. Pretty meh.
Quote by charles_ebarb
No. am suggesting, that if they actually want to make money, and I am not referring to making millions, by selling out, but just enough to actually make an honest living. And be able to quit their day job, doing this. As they are actually out on the road promoting themselves and building a fan base. And that seems to be where the music industry is heading, with piracy and such. There really is no money in only making a record and hoping album sales will make you wallet grow fatter. It is now, more or less, heading in the direction of getting out on the road and playing live show's thus charging a cover at the door.

If it's for the money, then it's selling out, no matter what amount.

That's what bands are supposed to be doing anyways. If you're in a band and you don't want to play live shows, you should probably rethink your interest in music.
Quote by technicolour
If it's for the money, then it's selling out, no matter what amount.

That's what bands are supposed to be doing anyways. If you're in a band and you don't want to play live shows, you should probably rethink your interest in music.

True about the second part. But you need to rethink the first part. Selling out refers "giving in to major label demands and changing your music and image totally just for mass amounts of money" With they way you have worded it, you make it sound like even the bums on the street corner accepting your small change while they sit and play, are selling out.

Now if this band was to, say, add a breakdown to their songs, and they ended up selling millions of records and making millions of dollars on top of that. Why would anyone accuse them of selling out. From what I see, the same people buying tickets to their shows is the same people accusing them of "selling out". (It's not just you that I hear the "selling out" crap from.)

I am only guessing here, but one could safely gather that those accusing others of "selling out" actually have a problem with someone else having success.
Quote by technicolour
If you're in a band and you don't want to play live shows, you should probably rethink your interest in music.

*cough*InsectWarfare*cough*
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ
Last edited by Cianyx at Jun 26, 2010,
Quote by Cianyx
*cough*InsectWarfare*cough*

they played live shows

Quote by charles_ebarb

Now if this band was to, say, add a breakdown to their songs, and they ended up selling millions of records and making millions of dollars on top of that. Why would anyone accuse them of selling out. From what I see, the same people buying tickets to their shows is the same people accusing them of "selling out". (It's not just you that I hear the "selling out" crap from.)

It depends on why they added that breakdown - if it was to gather more fans and further their chances for success - then that's selling out. If it's because they like breakdowns and then think it will add something to their music - I have no problem.

And no, I don't buy tickets to see bands that have "sold out" because I usually don't enjoy them in the first place.
Quote by technicolour
they played live shows

It depends on why they added that breakdown - if it was to gather more fans and further their chances for success - then that's selling out. If it's because they like breakdowns and then think it will add something to their music - I have no problem.

And no, I don't buy tickets to see bands that have "sold out" because I usually don't enjoy them in the first place.

I was offering the idea of adding a breakdown, to add some flavor to the song. Because for me, in which maybe I am just talking out my arse, here but I really don't know too much about grindcore, and maybe their band isn't truly grindcore. Heck I dunno. But what I do hear from every other person posting in this thread is that this bands songs are neither great, or bad, for that matter. My guess is that they just sound average, I suppose. But to me it sounds pretty cool. And when I try to ask for input on this bands music, ie, what would make it better? Someone suggested it be a bit too technical for the grindcore genre, and that's cool. I can see where he's coming from on that. For me, personally, I would like to see a kick-ass breakdown in a few of these songs. The song they play in the video, "Live in McAllen, Tx - by Salvador" Had a pretty cool ending.( I Think) And I figured, if they sauce a few more of their songs, with some breakdown's kinda like that, they would sound even better. ( Just my own personal opinion) And yes, I agree that it would also move them further away from being considered listed in the grindcore genre. And, I figure that is adding these kind of breakdowns would also, inadvertently be attracting a few more listener's, or fan's.

And, correct me if I am wrong, but just like you I am sure you have spent thousands of dollars on your gear, as well as I have, so, that just goes to being chalked up as an "investment" to our hobbies. And getting a few dollars for doing something you would've done for free anyways, is an added bonus. But, lets say, you were given enough money to even solve your grandchildren's money issues, just for you hanging out with a group of guys, again, doing what you would've done for free.
But, where I agree with you is anyone(musician's or bands) that charge 40-200 dollars per ticket will not get a red cent from me. But those that choose to keep their ticket's under 10 dollars, I will go see them, no matter what genre or style they choose to play. And, Cody(the bassist for this band) and myself have seen ALOT of show's for less than 10 bucks. Hell, him and I seen Zakk Wylde w/ BLS for 8 dollars in Austin, we were right up at the front of the stage the entire show, AND we hung out with the band before the show, as well, for about an hour, to boot! We have also seen some pretty bad-ass local show's as well.

And, to disagree with you, I have met some guys that spend their whole lives playing the local scene, and they enjoy it, too, but have poor exposure, and deserve to be heard by a hell of alot more than just the few drunks that come to watch them play. And for those guys, I hope for them to reach a larger audience, and to have their money problems solved.
Playing and writing music is a hobby. If you get paid for it, feel blessed, if you get paid enough to live off of it, that's just astounding. If you don't get paid anything, it doesn't matter, that's why you have a real or part time job - for money -

I've been in a band for 3 years, we have played shows in and out of town - we have released a full length, and sold lots of other merch - after all the touring and merch sales we have a total net gain of $60.00.

Also, breakdowns really don't add anything to a song - at least not the chug chug kind, and they don't have much to do with grindcore either.

This is grindcore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ciyNolnKGnk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atrGZ7f8M2I&feature=related

you're probably thinking of deathcore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7JWBaTXtwQ
I kinda expected that Rotten Sound link.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
Quote by technicolour
Playing and writing music is a hobby. If you get paid for it, feel blessed, if you get paid enough to live off of it, that's just astounding. If you don't get paid anything, it doesn't matter, that's why you have a real or part time job - for money -

I've been in a band for 3 years, we have played shows in and out of town - we have released a full length, and sold lots of other merch - after all the touring and merch sales we have a total net gain of $60.00.

Also, breakdowns really don't add anything to a song - at least not the chug chug kind, and they don't have much to do with grindcore either.

This is grindcore:

Yea. I figured the "chug-chug" would just be too bland. And I had a good Idea it would change the genre they were aiming for. ( I assume they are aiming for grindcore solely) but nonetheless, those links are good examples. I see what you're saying.
Quote by technicolour

This is grindcore:

Can someone please sig this, or possibly sticky it? Will be handy for those 'how much do metal bands make?' threads. Technicolour you are spot on with your entire post, well said. Also, harsh enough with just the $60 great stuff.

Just for disclaimer, im not being sarcastic or anything.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
boring imo. but then again i hate slow music
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
One day, on a day very much like today, a helpless corefag turned to the metal community for praise and appreciation. Little did he know that. . . It would be far from what he would receive. From the makers of "We play metal to make money" and "Trivium is kvlt" comes "We labeled ourselfs our own genre without knowing anything about music and then got flamed to shit for producing boring mediocre core music".
Jackson RR3 - BKP Painkiller/Warpig
Bugera 333XL 212
Pod Studio UX1
MXR Smart Gate
Hardwire CM-2
For Deathcore this is'nt to bad.I would way rather listen to this over any Deathcore band other then Animosity.I was really hoping this was gunna be a two page thread on the real In Digust though that would of made my day.

edit;K it was just that one song, this next song is ****ing awful.
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

Quote by Riffmast
For Deathcore this is'nt to bad.I would way rather listen to this over any Deathcore band other then Animosity.I was really hoping this was gunna be a two page thread on the real In Digust though that would of made my day.

edit;K it was just that one song, this next song is ****ing awful.

It's all good! Thanks for your comments on this band. Sorry it kinda threw you for a loop!
Quote by Stranglehold
Can someone please sig this, or possibly sticky it? Will be handy for those 'how much do metal bands make?' threads. Technicolour you are spot on with your entire post, well said. Also, harsh enough with just the $60 great stuff.

Just for disclaimer, im not being sarcastic or anything.

why thank you
And we're not too concerned about our financial situation - the fact that we have a net gain is pretty exciting - we're the only ska band in town lol..