Has anyone else won a prize here and not received it? I was so excited to win a Schcecter Guitar and $100 i-tunes giftcard from the Seek Irony contest that ended Feb. 6, but I have had no luck getting my prize. I have been told time and again by the promotion company that they will "look into it". I have contacted Ultimate-Guitar, twice and gotten no response at all. If you have to beg for your prize, it takes the fun out of winning it.
Thanks for the advice. I really don't mind waiting. I just keep getting told (by the promotion company) things like "THEY HAVEN'T SENT THAT YET? I'LL FIND OUT THE PROBLEM" then I don't hear anything else. It is frustrating.
Still nothing.
Really starting to wonder if I will ever see anything.
Thanks MH400. I took your advice, but still haven't gotten a response.
Admins and mods don't respond quickly bud, just wait it out man. BTW they actually give people the stuff they won
#25 for top 100 UGer of 2009
UG's 2nd Funniest UGer and 3rd most likely to be a Serial Killer of 2009, 2nd of 2011
I have a confirmation that all prizes had been sent to the winners. I also see that there was some mistake with the winners' listings on the Contests page during that time, not sure if it has something to do with your case though.

Send me a PM with your real name so I can check, thanks!
Matter, I sent you a pm with my name and some more details. Let me know if there is anything else I can do.

How's the weather in Russia?
So, this is a quote from my last e-mail from the promotion company.

"
Chopmark Records, who are the people who have financed everything for Seek Irony, have informed us in the past 3 weeks that they are closing their label and no longer will be backing the band. I had forwarded your emails and my own plea for them to do what they had promised to do since they had agreed prior to Trevor posting the contest, to pay for the prizes. I had asked them several times over the past few months if they had sent the prizes and had been told that they were sending them. Only when you or Becky informed me did I realize that they had not done what they'd promised."

And since Matter hasn't responded since 9/7/2010, I can only assume NO ONE GIVES A SHIT.
Quote by rlgrady
So, this is a quote from my last e-mail from the promotion company.

"
Chopmark Records, who are the people who have financed everything for Seek Irony, have informed us in the past 3 weeks that they are closing their label and no longer will be backing the band. I had forwarded your emails and my own plea for them to do what they had promised to do since they had agreed prior to Trevor posting the contest, to pay for the prizes. I had asked them several times over the past few months if they had sent the prizes and had been told that they were sending them. Only when you or Becky informed me did I realize that they had not done what they'd promised."

And since Matter hasn't responded since 9/7/2010, I can only assume NO ONE GIVES A SHIT.

Hey hey, easy there.

Andrew (matter) is UG's Editor in Chief. Basically, he's a very busy man.

My advice is to send him a PM. Although - if you want, I can forward this to him?

I will suggest that you calm down a bit, or else you won't get anywhere.
RIP Tom Searle.
I agree that I should calm down, and I apologize for my outburst. The thing is, that I am the most calm, chill person you could possibly meet. 71/2 months after being told "be on the lookout for your guitar", I am just frustrated beyond belief. Sorry, once again. My outburst was VERY out of character. Usually, this is me ==>

Today I feel like this ==>
Its understandable, don't worry. Just remember that you need the right attitude for situations like this. Anyway, moving on.

I've PM'd Andrew and linked him to this thread. Now just wait for him to reply. Thats all you can do, for now.

1 final thing: Remember that UG isn't responsible for other companies going bust / out of business. Obviously, UG Office will do as much as possible to help, but I can't guarantee anything
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Sep 22, 2010,
I had a chat to Andrew last week, and he was still trying.
RIP Tom Searle.
Hi, I am Louise . I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
1 month later, it looks as if no one gives a damn.

Sorry dude, i did try for you.
RIP Tom Searle.
That's ok. I think I have finally reached an agreement with the promotions company. If that does not pan out, I understand the FTC will be happy to help me. Thanks for all your help.
I just wanted to post this introduction thread to let people know who I am. My name is Dennis Evans, I live for the winter and just bought my first guitar to be fair it's my second guitar but it's my first guitar that I'm interested in playing. I play an Ibanez AS73L, but not very well. I've had it since Saturday and have played it for about 9 hours each day. Hopefully there's a way I can come up with to document my progression but there may not be.
Quote by zhengwei
I just wanted to post this introduction thread to let people know who I am. My name is Dennis Evans, I live for the winter and just bought my first guitar to be fair it's my second guitar but it's my first guitar that I'm interested in playing. I play an Ibanez AS73L, but not very well. I've had it since Saturday and have played it for about 9 hours each day. Hopefully there's a way I can come up with to document my progression but there may not be.
Hi Dennis Evans, nice to meet you. Tell me, do androids dream of electric sheep?
Inhuman evil take down!