I'd post this in the suggest a song thread, but I don't have a whole lot of time to wait for people to respond in that...

Basically, I am going to a dinner/discussion thingy tonight, and inevitably, the owner of the house is going to want me to play some music and sing. I've been playing the same old stuff for a while, and need to learn something new.
I sing as well, and am a tenor of sorts, just nothing super high.

so the criteria for song suggestions:
- Anything that can be played acoustic really, maybe a bit of fancy flat-picking work, like in "Only Hope" by Switchfoot. From Jack Johnson, to Bon Jovi.
- No swear words please, but if they can easily be substituted for, that's fine.
- Something by a Christian artist would be nice, but not necessary.
- maybe simple finger-picking, but nothing more complicated than dust in the wind, I'm a pick kind of guy mainly.
- I've played for 3 years, but am better than most people expect...

thanks!
Landslide is a good simple fingerpicking song thats easy to sing along

or maybe wish you where here
i really like
guns n roses-there was a time (does mention cocain tho)
guns n roses-this i love
queen-queen killer
alot of great pink floyd songs...
led zepplin-ramble on
shine down-someone save me or w/e
the turtles-happy together and elonore
i will survive rocks..lol

moon light sonata is a great picking tune by Beethoven
it might be a little to hard to learn in one day..compared to dust in the wind just because its a classical style song

just incase you didnt know...when i search for chord tabs..i click on the guitar tabs at the top of the band list to get rid of all the bass and guitar pro stuff.

i hope this atleast gives you some ideas
Blackbird by the Beatles
Q: What's the difference between a Mexican standard tele and an American standard tele?

A: £600
Quote by Nate.K
I'd post this in the suggest a song thread, but I don't have a whole lot of time to wait for people to respond in that...

Yeah, well deal with it.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud