Hey, I just went to England and really loved it there. I was thinking about maybe going to school over there and possibly going to a music school. I was thinking about this school so, I guess my question is how hard is it go get in to a school like this and how good do you have to be? Do you have to be able to read musical notation? -Thanks you
Well not in England but I'm going to be going to a performing arts high school next year (yes i'm old enough to be on the forums) and they require you to learn how to read music. I am a pretty not great player and i've been playing for 2 years so yea. Fastest thing i can play is like...um... freebird solo. I just started classical music and the whole curriculum is aobut jazz and classical...
Hope i helped
it certainly wouldn't hurt to know how.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Usually you need a prior music qualification that is recognised by the university, to be a decent grade at your instrument PLUS piano (not compulsory but a bonus) and be able to read notation and have a fair knowledge of music theory.

Oh, and they don't take outside applications, usually. Everybody in the UK (or England and Wales at least) applies to university through something called UCAS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCAS
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Last edited by druggietoad2k5 at Jun 25, 2010,
You went to England, and you liked it? Like - Britian? United Kingdom? Oh fair enough.
to apply, all you do is fill out the thing and send in a recording of yourself playing along to 2 of 4 backtracks that you can download.
Yeah I spend some time in London then went to Basingstone and winchester. It was pretty awesome.
Quote by druggietoad2k5
Usually you need a prior music qualification that is recognised by the university, to be a decent grade at your instrument PLUS piano (not compulsory but a bonus) and be able to read notation and have a fair knowledge of music theory.

Oh, and they don't take outside applications, usually. Everybody in the UK (or England and Wales at least) applies to university through something called UCAS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UCAS

So, how do I a "grade".
Quote by ::Luke::
So, how do I a "grade".

Email the various colleges with your situation and they'll get back to you about it.

I did, all very nice.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
Quote by ::Luke::
Yeah I spend some time in London then went to Basingstoke and winchester. It was pretty awesome.
Probably fixed.

I've only ever heard good things about ACM but I haven't heard much

stratkat
Quote by EuBoat
Probably fixed.

I've only ever heard good things about ACM but I haven't heard much

Yeah, woops, I meant Basingstoke.