Ok now, if it's in the wrong section ,please move this thread to the right one

SO i'm thinkin' on buying a new guitar ,but the problem is ,that I live in a shitty place ,called Lithuania... Here guitar prices are much more expensive,then in europe... So I'm thinking of going to one of europe's countries and buying a guitar. So could you recommend any guitar shops in europe ,that I could try to go to? Please try to write the ones that are in the same country first , 'cause I don't have a lot of money to go to different countries... Amount that I'm sacrificing for my new guitar would be around 1000$
P.S. I don't want to ship guytar from online shops, because I want to try it out first... I don't rely on internet shops...
Quote by salgala2000
Are there guitar centers in Europe??

I don't think so. =/

Where exactly do you live in Lithuania?
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
In the capital ... Vilnius ... I don't like neither of 3 I think guitar shops there...

To salgala2000 : there's no need for your irony... I just wanted to ask to which country I should go and buy a guitar... I'm particularly looking for ESP LTD FX or EX ... But I will try as much guitar in shops as I can ,but I dunno to which country go.. I'm thinking of England , 'cause there I will be able to speak with people as in other european countries will be much more difficult to chat with people and ask for information...
Quote by Antinas
In the capital ... Vilnius ... I don't like neither of 3 I think guitar shops there...

To salgala2000 : there's no need for your irony... I just wanted to ask to which country I should go and buy a guitar... I'm particularly looking for ESP LTD FX or EX ... But I will try as much guitar in shops as I can ,but I dunno to which country go.. I'm thinking of England , 'cause there I will be able to speak with people as in other european countries will be much more difficult to chat with people and ask for information...

If your going to England i would recommend London they had some good shops down there and i dont think he was being ironic Guitar Centre is a chain of guitar stores in America.
SMILE!
Last edited by Mr.DeadDuck at Jun 25, 2010,
Ok ,if he wasn't then srry dude. I'm thinking of going to liverpool ... maybe from there going to london ... it would be a lot cheaper for me...
I live in Liverpool and can tell you they have a good range of Gibsons, Fenders, Ibanez, Epiphone, some Jacksons and Gretsches and selected other but there not really any Esp Ltd suppliers other than one or two bits.

Dawsons and Dolphin Music are two good shops with good websites that show exactly what they have.
SMILE!
Last edited by Mr.DeadDuck at Jun 25, 2010,
^ i`ve just had a bad experience with dolphin and seriously wouldn`t recommend them (the details of which will remain confidential), but in terms of travelling to a country both the UK and Germany will offer the best options.
Thats a shame ill avoid them in future, hope it wasnt anything to serious JS brother.
SMILE!
You could always just go to any local shops, find a guitar that you like, try it out and whatnot, and then buy it for the cheapest price you can find on the internet. It's a good system.

I am assuming that the problem is prices, not the lack of stores, if I'm wrong then my apologies.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
I live in Liverpool and can tell you they have a good range of Gibsons, Fenders, Ibanez, Epiphone, some Jacksons and Gretsches and selected other but there not really any Esp Ltd suppliers other than one or two bits.

Dawsons and Dolphin Music are two good shops with good websites that show exactly what they have.

The other store, Curly Music, is good too, I would recommend paying a visit. They don't exactly have a lot of higher end guitars, but for less than $1000 you could probably find a good deal. I did work experience there so I got to spend a week polishing and tuning every guitar there, and there was a few that I would have liked to buy for the price.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Bassist Rising
The other store, Curly Music, is good too, I would recommend paying a visit. They don't exactly have a lot of higher end guitars, but for less than $1000 you could probably find a good deal. I did work experience there so I got to spend a week polishing and tuning every guitar there, and there was a few that I would have liked to buy for the price.

Yer they usually have some nice second hand stuff aswell its were i got my JS1000
SMILE!
if you go to England, check out Denmark Street in London, i've heard that this is famous for music shops.
places like thomann and musicstore in germany ship throughout europe. I don't know what the price is to lithunia, but to most of the bigger countries in europe postage is free over 200 euros. if you can try what you want in your local shop, you could then order from them online.

wouldn't be as dear as actually travelling to a country to buy a guitar. though of course there's a bit of added risk with buying online, so you have to bear that in mind (you can't try the exact gear you're buying, it might get damaged in the post, harder to return it if something goes wrong etc.).

also i thought lithuania was in europe
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Lithuania is in europe But ,for instance, as LTD EX there that cost about 1400 litas (it's about 400 euros) in other european countries cost about 200 euros ,and the model is the same.

To those ,who said that i should buy it online and wait for it - it's a bit too risky for me... you can't try the actual guitar until you get one (someone said that already and I agree with him)

Also, I've seen in London I think a guitar shop guitarguitar or smth similar to it... I've seen the online page and it doesn't have too much ESP LTD EX or F guitars... so I'm thinking more and more that if I don't find a ESP LTD F or EX guitar ,I'm thinking of buying and one of Ibanez RG models.. Plus , it's a big problem that I don't want black guitar... I'm more thinking or deep blue or red guitar... maybe with some king of ornament or smth ... I don't know it yet... Ann it's too expensive to make a custom design guitar... The prices from ESP page are unreal...
Vilnius is a big city, are there really no good stores there? Anyway, Berlin and Paris would both have plenty of great music stores. I’m not sure about Warsaw, but with 1.7 million people it must have a few.
Well ,Vilnius is the biggest city in Lithuania... It has 3 music stores ... I've been to all of them and i can tell you that they don't have anything i would prefer... They have a lot of ibanez, cort, some b.c. rich, maybe a few gibson and epiphone guitars... 1 I guess LTD EX guitar... and from the quality of it I can say ,that it's not good... the frets from 1 to 3 ar more or less damaged on the 6 th and 5 th strings... I don't want that kind of guitar ... No one does...
yeah, i know lithunia is in europe i've never been but the pictures i've seen of vilnius look beautiful

guitar guitar is great, I've been to the edinburgh branch. Not sure how many esps they have, though, as you say. Edinburgh is a really nice city to visit if you've never been (though then again, so is London).

But if getting something as cheap as possible is the aim, it might be better to head to germany. Check the prices on thomann and musicstore- for some things germany is a lot cheaper than the UK, and for some things the UK is a lot cheaper. I *think* germany is cheaper for ESP, but I could be wrong.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok ,ty ,for advice I will definitely check it You should come to Lithuania during the summer We could hang out a little bit ,play with guitar ... have a bear ...chat ... all in all, chill the weather isn't as perfect as in the southern europe ,but it's definitely a great place to chill in
hey it's bound to be better than the weather in northern ireland
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?