Are the Gotoh tremolo arms built under the Floyd Rose as good as the real thing?

I want to build a guitar soon and try to keep prices down but I want a tremolo. These are cheaper.
do you mean the actual arm or the whole tremolo?

assuming you mean the whole tremolo, the gotoh ones (assuming you're talking about the ge1996T) are really nice. I've never owned an OFR (I've played them in shops, but obviously that only tells you so much), but the gotoh one also feels like a quality piece of kit.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by DanielBowie
get a string thru its alot cheaper and the guitar will resanate better for tone

This isn't what he's asking, get out.

TS, Gotoh Floyd Rose systems are just as good if not better than the originals.
They come with locking bridge posts which means better tuning stability but require you to drill out to a larger diameter.
Gotoh hardware is excellent quality. You know its gotta be good if Suhr is putting them in their guitars instead of the OFR.
^ agreed- though to be fair, someone in another thread pointed out that suhr could get them cheaper than an ofr, and if that's true, that's worth bearing in mind, too.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I dont think someone with a reputation like Suhr would compromise something like that just to save a little money, but then again you never know
yeah, i didn't say he definitely would (as i said, i have a gotoh and it's high quality kit, suhr might be doing it on a win-win basis i.e. cheaper AND better), but it is worth bearing in mind.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I dropped a Gotoh floyd in my Jackson and it's great. I dunno if you could say if its better or worse or not though, I mean I can thrash it and it stays in tune and I've had it for ages now so yeah?

has a massive block on it too
I'm interested in getting one of these because as stated above it is a quality trem for cheaper than most, and it comes in gold. I bought an ibanez destroyer body routed for an edge system(original,pro,lo-pro), and the seller said a gotoh would fit but the sustain block would stick out the back. is this a problem? he said it could be cut down, how is that? it would be a lot easier to pick up one of these than look for a used ibanez, already got screwed over from a false ebay listing for an edge pro. Apparently its an edge III and I paid over $180 CAN w/o shipping/customs from China. Hope they refund it because apparently they're junk and it won't fit my body either. So can I go with a Gotoh by chance for an Ibanez body?
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez Iceman IC-200
Jackson RR3
Epiphone FT-120
BC Rich Mockingbird Bass
Crate Blue Voodoo 60
Marshall 1960B
Markbass CMD 102P
Dunlop Original Crybaby
EHX Stereo Memory Man
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Ibanez AF2
^Some trems can be fitted with a short block. I dunno if it's the case with Gotoh, but the Schaller LFR can be equipped that way.
Quote by IcemanSOAD
I'm interested in getting one of these because as stated above it is a quality trem for cheaper than most, and it comes in gold. I bought an ibanez destroyer body routed for an edge system(original,pro,lo-pro), and the seller said a gotoh would fit but the sustain block would stick out the back. is this a problem? he said it could be cut down, how is that? it would be a lot easier to pick up one of these than look for a used ibanez, already got screwed over from a false ebay listing for an edge pro. Apparently its an edge III and I paid over $180 CAN w/o shipping/customs from China. Hope they refund it because apparently they're junk and it won't fit my body either. So can I go with a Gotoh by chance for an Ibanez body?

simple,get an Edge tremolo...

also made by gotoh and comes with locking studs too..

but the price,is the problem..275$
I own an OFR equipped Schecter and I've played the Gotohs in a couple shops, I personally like my OFR a bit better, it may be a bit better but I've also been told the same by other people. Don't get me wrong, Gotoh floyds are freaking nice, great trems, but I'll keep my OFR. I'd say if you're in the middle of a build, definitely get the Gotoh.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
it's not so simple when they're hard to find, especially in gold, and that damn expensive. any other views on if a gotoh would fit an edge slot without much trouble. or, if there's somewhere to order an edge trem, hopefully in gold. i know ebay is an option, but i don't want to go down the used road.
PRS SE Custom 24
Ibanez Iceman IC-200
Jackson RR3
Epiphone FT-120
BC Rich Mockingbird Bass
Crate Blue Voodoo 60
Marshall 1960B
Markbass CMD 102P
Dunlop Original Crybaby
EHX Stereo Memory Man
Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive
Ibanez AF2
Quote by IcemanSOAD
it's not so simple when they're hard to find, especially in gold, and that damn expensive. any other views on if a gotoh would fit an edge slot without much trouble. or, if there's somewhere to order an edge trem, hopefully in gold. i know ebay is an option, but i don't want to go down the used road.

you can buy them brand new at ibanezrules.com

And also,schecters don't come with OFR's..they come with Korean FRT's
i think an edge is a different size to a gotoh. whether one or other will still fit, though, i don't know.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i think an edge is a different size to a gotoh. whether one or other will still fit, though, i don't know.

yeah I think so too,but the edge and the Lo pro does fit the OFR cavity...

BTW I was answering icemanSOAD's question,he said it was routed to the Edge trem

does it? it doesn't fit the low trs cavity, and an ofr will fit in a lo-trs cavity (other than redrilling the studs).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
well,according to the experiments carried out by jemsite member nuno,it actually does

full list lifted from jemsite

on IBANEZ EDGE-III cavity:

• Ibanez Edge into Edge-III cavity: NO

• Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge into Edge-III cavity: NO

• Ibanez Edge-Pro into Edge-III cavity: YES

• Original Floyd Rose into Edge-III cavity: YES

• Schaller Floyd Rose into Edge-III cavity: NO

on IBANEZ EDGE/LoPro EDGE cavity:

• Original Floyd Rose into Ibanez Edge/LoPro Edge cavity: YES

• Ibanez Edge-Pro into Ibanez Edge/LoPro Edge cavity: YES

on IBANEZ EDGE-PRO/EDGE-PRO II cavity:

• Ibanez Edge into Ibanez Edge-Pro/Edge-Pro II cavity: NO

• Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge into Ibanez Edge-Pro/Edge-Pro II cavity: NO

• Original Floyd Rose into Ibanez Edge-Pro/Edge-Pro II cavity: YES

• Schaller Floyd Rose into Ibanez Edge-Pro/Edge-Pro II cavity: NO

on Original FLOYD ROSE cavity:

• Ibanez Edge into Original Floyd Rose cavity: YES

• Ibanez Lo-Pro Edge into Original Floyd Rose cavity: YES

i know the lo-pro edge didn't fit into my lo-trs cavity, while (apart from the studs) a gotoh or OFR should.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?