I used to always post on these forums but i stopped playing guitar a lot and so I stopped posting here as much.

I played for roughly 2 years and was alright but never got anything like shreding down because it has never been something i wanted to learn. I picked up my guitar the other day and was amazed how little dexterity i had in my fingers .

If anyone knows any good articles/ lessons (not videos/audio) on building dexterity up, or back up in my case, and generally just building a decent amount of speed in my playing back up. Its been roughly a year and a half since i last played and can't remember much excluding the ol' 1-2-3-4 and pentatonic scale
penatonics are great for getting that fingering back. just practice them for a few weeks and you'll be back in shape in no time
Im gonna pistol whip the next guy that says shenanigans !!!!
Start slow. Playing scales is tedious but it's probably the best way to go. Work on accurate fretting, clean notes, and staying at a nice, consistent tempo.
As your fingers remember what they were supposed to be doing, speed will increase.

If you just start out playing a bunch of hot licks, you'll likely make many mistakes that then need to be corrected.