Page 1 of 3
There are many contests going on, and I was eating so I thought why not make a cooking contest?

Here's how it'll go down:
There will be 12 contestants and 6 judges.

Here are the qualification requirements for the judges:
-Must be able to follow directions exactly
-Must be able to access a large variety of ingredients
-Must have access to some kind of media (Video, Camera, Audio, etc.)
-Must be awesome (and a decent cook)

And here are the qualification requirements for the contestants:
-Must have good food
-Must be able to choose one dish with ingredients that are possible to find (no illegal ingredients: Peruvian Puff Pepper, Shark, etc.)
-Must have access to some kind of media (Video, Camera, Audio, etc.)
-Must have good food

For the actual contest:

TIER 1
-Each judge will get one dish from two UGers
-The recipes will be sent to that judge in the form of a list, with extra directions in the form of some media, such as a video, pictures, audio file.
-The judge cooks the contestant's food. If the recipe is secret, you have two options; (1)Don't enter it, and (2)PM the recipe to the judge.
-After the judge cooks both dishes (at least a day apart), he/she will judge what food was best.

TIER 2
It will then be narrowed down to 6 contestants and 3 judges, and the same thing happens.

TIER 3
Finally, there will be only 3 contestants left. The three judges that weren't in the second tier are now the judges for the final tier. EACH JUDGE WILL MAKE ALL THREE DISHES. After all three dishes have been eaten (at least a day apart), they will make a council with me in IM or something similar. From there, it will be decided who gets 1st, 2nd, and 3rd.

"WHAT DO I WIN???"
-A title. You will be recognized by all UGers as "The best/2nd best/3rd best cook on UG".

Judges will be chosen randomly for each tier (using a random number generator)

Contestants:
1. Jackal58 (CHILI!)
2. Dream Floyd (Macaroons)
3. totheark (Chocolate Chip Cookies)
4. Thrashtastic15 (Jamaican Jerk Chicken )
5. undecided1993 (Cupcakes)
6. bbetances (Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo)
7. Dawginator (Beef Stroganoff)
8. OMGWinner (TBD)
9. Martyr's Prayer (Spaghetti Alle Vongole)
10. MakinLattes (Garlic Mashed Potatos with Shallots)
11. Andrea55 (Spaghetti)

Judges:

Good luck and have fun everyone!

-Meelad

Edits: Your dish will be put in parenthesis next to your name. Also, you are not allowed to change dishes between tiers. I will be adding more things here as I think of them.

You have to make a video/pictures/audio file of your recipe to the tee. Putting love in your food is BS. Judges have to follow the recipe EXACTLY. If you see something wrong then you can contest it. If I see that the judge is wrong we can get another judge or you may automatically be excelled into the next tier.

Judges are also highly recommended to make the food multiple times before they make their own video/picture album/audio file of them making it.
Last edited by Meelad360 at Sep 15, 2010,
how will this work exactly. i don't want to compete but i would like to see the recipes for the things people are making
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
I'm in. I make the most AWESOME macaroons ever.

If two recipes are required, I can make/send a recipe for my preferred chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Jun 25, 2010,
1 problem. The whole online aspect of this competition eliminates the taste sensation.

Nice going.

Edit : Well, doesn't eliminate it, but it totally messes everything up. Surely you should be judged on your cooking skills and not someone else's ability to follow a recipe.
Last edited by Lord-O-Donuts at Jun 25, 2010,
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
1 problem. The whole online aspect of this competition eliminates the taste sensation.

Nice going.

Way to read the OP.
Quote by Wesseem
how will this work exactly. i don't want to compete but i would like to see the recipes for the things people are making

I can post up the recipes and stuff if it's not a "secret recipe" or whatever (ie if the person that gave the recipe allows it)
Also, there will be videos/pictures of the person making it that may be released.

Quote by Dream Floyd
I'm in. I make the most AWESOME macaroons ever.

So you're entering? Should I put macaroons next to your name?

Quote by Jackal58

Does this mean you want to enter?

Quote by NosralTserrof
This is gonna be a disaster.

How so?

I EDITED THE OP, CHECK IT

Edit:
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts

Nice going.

Edit : Well, doesn't eliminate it, but it totally messes everything up. Surely you should be judged on your cooking skills and not someone else's ability to follow a recipe.

That's why I stated you have to make a video of your recipe to the tee. Putting love in your food is BS. Judges have to follow the recipe EXACTLY. If you see something wrong then you can contest it. If I see that the judge is wrong we can get another judge or you may automatically be excelled into the next tier.
Last edited by Meelad360 at Jun 25, 2010,
Quote by Meelad360
I can post up the recipes and stuff if it's not a "secret recipe" or whatever (ie if the person that gave the recipe allows it)
Also, there will be videos/pictures of the person making it that may be released.

Does this mean you want to enter?

How so?

I EDITED THE OP, CHECK IT

Edit:

That's why I stated you have to make a video of your recipe to the tee. Putting love in your food is BS. Judges have to follow the recipe EXACTLY. If you see something wrong then you can contest it. If I see that the judge is wrong we can get another judge or you may automatically be excelled into the next tier.

If you'll accept that as my entry sure.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by MightyAl
Way to read the OP.

Yeah, I skimmed through it and missed that detail. However, this is going to be a train wreck. No offense, TS.
Quote by Meelad360

Yes sirree.
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Quote by maggot9779
Well, it doesn't take into account judge **** ups.

This. Judges should be required to do recipes multiple times...
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
This is an awesome idea.
I wish I could participate too but can't right now.

Going to keep my eye on it.
I'm in! With chocolate chip cookies.
mais mon cerveaux sait mieux.

last.fm

e-married to RevaM1ssP1ss & spanishyanez.
and e-child of Kensai.
Quote by totheark
I'm in! With chocolate chip cookies.

Gotcha

In general:
Should I separate the food into categories?
what if the judge can't cook it right?
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Quote by bass-man9712
what if the judge can't cook it right?

Then we get a different judge or the contestant is automatically excelled into the next tier.

Quote by Thrashtastic15
Is that a challenge? I'm in with my jerk chicken if there are still spots available.

Gotcha

We need judges too
I'm gonna post my recipe in here just for kicks. I'm giving you guys the foolproof simplified one, so if you mess this up you are an r-tard.

Jamaican Jerk Marinade (omnomnom)

Dry Ingredients:
1tbsp allspice
1 tbsp dried thyme
1.5 tsp cayenne pepper
1.5tsp black pepper
1.5tsp ground sage
.75 tsp ground nutmeg
.75tsp cinnamon
2tbsp salt
2 tbsp garlic powder
1tbsp sugar

Wet Ingredients:
1/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup orange juice/mango juice
2 limes, juiced
3/4 cup olive oil

Veggies:
1 or 2 scotch bonnet peppers finely chopped
1 cup of minced onions
1 finely chopped green onion

Now the only real thing you have to do is mix the olive oil in last so it doesn't seperate, other than that it's pretty much impossible to fuck up, just mix everything together lul. Put the delicious meat in the marinade, let it sit for a couple hours, grill that shit up. omnomnomnomnom
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I'm gonna post my recipe in here just for kicks. I'm giving you guys the foolproof simplified one, so if you mess this up you are an r-tard.

Jamaican Jerk Marinade (omnomnom)

Dry Ingredients:
1tbsp allspice
1 tbsp dried thyme
1.5 tsp cayenne pepper
1.5tsp black pepper
1.5tsp ground sage
.75 tsp ground nutmeg
.75tsp cinnamon
2tbsp salt
2 tbsp garlic powder
1tbsp sugar

Wet Ingredients:
1/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup orange juice/mango juice
2 limes, juiced
3/4 cup olive oil

Veggies:
1 or 2 scotch bonnet peppers finely chopped
1 cup of minced onions
1 finely chopped green onion

Now the only real thing you have to do is mix the olive oil in last so it doesn't seperate, other than that it's pretty much impossible to fuck up, just mix everything together lul. Put the delicious meat in the marinade, let it sit for a couple hours, grill that shit up. omnomnomnomnom

Include some pictures, video, and/or audio
Quote by Meelad360
Include some pictures, video, and/or audio

I know, I've got the kitchen to myself tomorrow so I'll make a video. It's not like you can fuck it up though, but then again some of these pitmonkeys probably have burned soup.
I would participate, but I don't wanna do a competition where someone else is making my food. It's just not the same.
all I ever wanted was to pick apart the day
put the pieces back together my way
Quote by mattman93
I would participate, but I don't wanna do a competition where someone else is making my food. It's just not the same.

Well there's no other way we could do this, so suit yourself.
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Is that a challenge? I'm in with my jerk chicken if there are still spots available.

Consider yourself challenged. Must feed 150.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Thrashtastic15
I'll see you in the finals.

Looking forward to it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
This is going kinda slow. If anyone knows anyone that's a good cook or just wants to be a judge, just let me know.
I have a camera, but the video doesn't work. Is it OK if I just take pictures and explain?
Quote by theogonia777

Quote by Born A Fool
Quote by Dream Floyd
I have a camera, but the video doesn't work. Is it OK if I just take pictures and explain?

Yeah that's fine, just be sure to take an adequate amount of photos and explain clearly.
Since when is shark illegal??
Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra, as opposed to the Bible? Who wins?-Frank Zappa
Quote by The_Clansman_
I am cook

Does this mean you're entering?

Quote by WalterKronkite
Since when is shark illegal??

Idk I couldn't really think of anything
Quote by The_Clansman_
I am cook

I want you to take part of the competition or to be a judge. Would be interesting.

I tried to give this thread a 5-star rating but it doesn't seem to go through. I tried 3 times.
Last edited by OMGWinner at Jun 26, 2010,
I never write my recipes down, and my camera is shit, so I suppose I'll have to spare you all
Begin again in the night, let's sway again tonight.
Your arm on my shoulder, your cheek against mine.
Where can we go, when will we find that, we know.
Page 1 of 3