I saw a you tube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3DqZ5KjmiE

The guys using a 2x15 Vader Cab, Straight from a 6505+ (wich is my main head). It does sound really good.

When asked: any reason you went with 2x15 over 4x12? and what 15 inch speakers did you use.

He replies: i like a lot of low frequencies with the distortion, and the bigger the speakers the more bass they can handle....they're eminence speakers, stock from vader.

Im trying to depict wich would suit me better. I have it narrowed down to Vader, Redstar, and possibly Mills Acoustic.

But should i go 4x12 or 2x15. Im used to 4x12, but dont know what 2x15 will do.
And on that note, 4x10 or 2x12.

The only other videos i can find with the same setup but only a 4x12 is a different kid. Tuned to Drop A with some rack gear. So its really hard to compare the 2.

Please help with feedback, input, suggestions
Reverbnation.com/offthewitness
That's a horrible recording. Can't really base anything off of that.

Also, do you really think you'll need that extra bass response?
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
It's not exactly 'the more bass they can handle', it's 'the more bass they produce'.

I wouldn't use a 2x15 unless you're playing stoner/doom stuff. A 2x15 is probably too loose for death metal, IMO.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I'm ordering both cabinets this month for use with a modded 5150 in a Swedish-style death metal band.
Quote by Zoot Allures
that first recording sounds like a broken mic for one thing.:/
Kind of ironic that the only sound you hear is treble, treble and then some more treble.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
I wouldn't get a 2x15 unless you're running it with a 4x12 too. They really aren't meant to be run by themselves IMO...they're meant to bring out those lower registers that a 4x12 can't bring out as well. I'm sure the higher register sounds terrible through this cabinet. Just my $0.02

EDIT: and this is a terrible recording...it sounds trebley...but I'm 99.9% its because the camera mic isn't picking up most of what the cab is putting out.
I think a 2x12 and a 1x15 would be ideal... Randall made a single cab like that but it's discontinued.

I think 15s by themselves, especially when using 7's and 8's, would end up being a bit muddy.