Ok so I'm kinda confused about this! Do you always sweep pick arpeggios? And does sweep picking only apply to arpeggios or what? Cuz everytime I try and learn arpeggios and whatnot there is always sweep picking so I don't know what to do!!

Can someone help me out please?! Thank you!!
Well arpeggios are just chords broken up one note at a time so... And sweeps sound better as arpeggios
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
There are many many ways to play arpeggios, sweeping them is only one way. They can be swept, picked via economy picking, alternate picking, hammer-ons and pull-offs, and pretty much every other way to pick the guitar. Arpeggios aren't always fast, shreddy bits.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
the term sweeping is generally used when referring to playing arpeggios quickly. if it's a slow arpeggio piece you don't necessarily have to use the sweeping technique.
sweeping doesn't have to be arpeggios. you could sweep chromatics, or just regular combinations of notes. Arpeggios, as have been said, are just chords with each note played individually
Quote by Dream Floyd
And sweeps sound better as arpeggios

It's more situational than that. Sweeping, in general, has very limited usability and is very rarely the better way to play something.
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by azzman1337
the term sweeping is generally used when referring to playing arpeggios quickly. if it's a slow arpeggio piece you don't necessarily have to use the sweeping technique.

i see you have the line six spider ja i was gonna buy that for well yo jam with whats it like ?