I'm new to playing guitar about 5 months I'm having trouble singing and playing guitar like strumming for instance any advice that could help me? Thx!! ~Matt
play guitar for more than 5 months?
cause you don't have a whole lot of experience yet.
it should be easier when your more comfortable with the guitar.
Well I'm a fairly quick learner I can play infront of people I don't know it's just the singing is about the hardest thing to do for me.
i'm not an expert.
but if you're going to sing while playing, i'm assuming you need to be able to play the song without having to think about it.
Yea ur right I guess I'm learning this song for my gf and sometimes I got think about what to play next. Or the strumming I'd little differnt
Depends on what you are trying to play. Obviously it's more difficult to sing while playing a complex metal riff. I would recommend singing and playing some easy song that's just a simple chord progression, like a lot of punk.

Other than that, the best advice is just to play your guitar more, until it becomes second nature to you. 5 months isn't enough experience, I've been playing non-stop for 2 years and I still have trouble with that.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
yeah.
don't want to sound like i'm criticizing or anything, but 5 months isn't exactly the 'look how good i am' level of playing.
i see kids around my school doing that all the time and i laugh at them