There was demand for one of these a couple weeks ago, but I couldn't be annoyed to make one. The cooking contest thing got me to figure out and post a simple to follow version of my jerk chicken recipe, so I figured I'd get a cooking/recipe thread started and share some of my tried and true recipes.

Here's to start this off:

Jamaican Jerk Marinade (omnomnom)

Dry Ingredients:
1tbsp allspice
1 tbsp dried thyme
1.5 tsp cayenne pepper
1.5tsp black pepper
1.5tsp ground sage
.75 tsp ground nutmeg
.75tsp cinnamon
2tbsp salt
2 tbsp garlic powder
1tbsp sugar

Wet Ingredients:
1/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup orange juice/mango juice
2 limes, juiced
3/4 cup olive oil

Veggies:
1 or 2 scotch bonnet peppers finely chopped
1 cup of minced onions
1 finely chopped green onion

Now the only real thing you have to do is mix the olive oil in last so it doesn't seperate, other than that it's pretty much impossible to fuck up, just mix everything together lul. Put the delicious meat in the marinade, let it sit for a couple hours, grill that shit up. omnomnomnomnom

so yeah guys, share cooking experiences/recipes. I'll post some more recipes later on.
What's with all the cooking threads today?
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by rgrockr
What's with all the cooking threads today?

I've been meaning to make this one for a while, just needed some motivation.
Isn't there already a recipe thread
Impossible is just a word people say to make themselves feel better when they quit.
Vyse the Legend
Quote by Thrashtastic15
There was demand for one of these a couple weeks ago, but I couldn't be annoyed to make one. The cooking contest thing got me to figure out and post a simple to follow version of my jerk chicken recipe, so I figured I'd get a cooking/recipe thread started and share some of my tried and true recipes.

Here's to start this off:

Jamaican Jerk Marinade (omnomnom)

Dry Ingredients:
1tbsp allspice
1 tbsp dried thyme
1.5 tsp cayenne pepper
1.5tsp black pepper
1.5tsp ground sage
.75 tsp ground nutmeg
.75tsp cinnamon
2tbsp salt
2 tbsp garlic powder
1tbsp sugar

Wet Ingredients:
1/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup vinegar
1/2 cup orange juice/mango juice
2 limes, juiced
3/4 cup olive oil

Veggies:
1 or 2 scotch bonnet peppers finely chopped
1 cup of minced onions
1 finely chopped green onion

Now the only real thing you have to do is mix the olive oil in last so it doesn't seperate, other than that it's pretty much impossible to fuck up, just mix everything together lul. Put the delicious meat in the marinade, let it sit for a couple hours, grill that shit up. omnomnomnomnom

so yeah guys, share cooking experiences/recipes. I'll post some more recipes later on.

We need pics of you preparing and cooking it.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
mmmm... I do love me some good cookin'. I might share a few of my recipes if I ever have my laptop in the kitchen with me. Which might be tomorrow.
Call me Jack.
All that you love...
...you must love now.
My Gear:
PRS Custom 24
Standard MIM Tele
Larrivée LV-09E
Rivera Clubster 45 112 Combo Tube
Boss ME-20 Multi-effects pedal
Boss OC-3 Super octave pedal
My own home-made octave-up pedal
obtain some type of a firm potato. i ususally go with yellow potatoes. peel and cut into quarters. par boil in salted water for ~5 minutes. dont over do it, or they will fall apart later.

put a pan in the oven and turn the oven on to 400 degrees.

cut a few red onions into quarter and mash a bunch of cloves of garlic. dont be afraid to use a lot of garlic.

now that your pan is very hot, remove it from the oven. add half to a whole stick of butter depending on how many potatoes you used. add a healthy glug of olive oil. add the garlic and onions and give a stir so they begin to release their flavors. add the potatoes and stir to coat them. then add some cheap balsamic vinegar until there is ~1/2 inch of liquid in the bottom of the pan. dont be afraid of using too much balsamic vinegar, you can always evaporate it out later.

give everything a stir so the potatoes and onions have a nice coating of everything. salt and pepper, and add a good amount of thyme. put into the oven at 400 degrees for about an hour (or until the vinegar reduces and becomes sticky), stirring half way through. if you get to an hour, and the vinegar is still watery, put the oven on broil for a few minutes until it reduces up.

finely slice some cabbage, removing the stalks. cut up twice the amount you think youll need, it cooks down quite a lot. blanche in boiling water for ~30 seconds then scoop out and add to a bowl of ice water for a few seconds. strain.

dice onion, carrots, and some pork thats already cooked. pork chops work just fine. add some bean sprouts, a bit of garlic, or whatever other veggies you desire. in a bowl, mix the cabbage, veggies, and pork together. add a small amount soy sauce and/or oyster sauce, but just enough to make the veggies moist.

get some egg roll wraps from the grocery store (its like $3 for a pack of 15) and add your veggie and pork mixture. roll them up, and seal shut with a pasty mixture of flour and water.

add some oil to a fry pan and bring up to medium heat. dont let the oil get too hot, or your rolls will burn, or too cold and your rolls with get soggy and soak up oil. rip off a tiny piece of the egg roll wrap and toss it in the oil. if it sizzles and bubbles, your oil is hot enough. then fry the rolls until they are golden brown on both sides. pat off the extra oil, then serve with duck sauce, hot sauce, or whatever you like.

if this thread actually create some interest (cooking threads on UG always seem to fail), i have a bunch of step by step picture recipes that ill dump.
Remember through sounds
Remember through smells
Remember through colors
Remember through towns
-Modest Mouse, "Novocaine Stain"
I would post my lobset recipe... but I can't find it... xO
私の名前はアジリョです

Quote by MarshmallowPies
I snapped my high E once and sliced my finger open, so I can only assume snapping the low E would put me into a coma or something.
Well I guess I'll post some more simple recipes I have.

Chili Crab

Ingredients:
2 crabs (nowai), about 500g each
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
2 inch piece of ginger, grated finely
4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3-5 red chillies, finely chopped
2 cups tomato pasta sauce
1 cup water
2 tbsp soy sauce
2tbsp sweet chili sauce
1tbsp rice wine vinegar
2tbsp soft brown sugar
dipping sauce/bottle chili/soysauce

Instructions

Wash the crabs well and scrub the shells, using a scourer. Using a large cleaver, cut the crabs in half and rinse well under cold water, carefully removing the yellow gills or spongy parts. Hit the legs and larger front nippers with a flat side of the cleaver to crack the shells.
Dust the crabs off with flour, shake off any excess. Heat about 2 tablespoons of oil in a large wok, cook one crab half at a time, carefully turning and holding the crab in hot oil until the shell turns just red.
Add the remaining oil in the wok, cook the onion, ginger, garlic and chillies for 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring regularly. Add the tomato sauce, water, soy sauce, chilie sauce, vinegar and brown sugar. Bring to boil and cook for 15 minutes. Return the crab to the wok and simmer turning carefully in the sauce for 8-10 minutes or until the crab meat turns white. Don't overcook this shit.

Chunky "italian" soup

Ingredients:
1lb lean ground beef
1 med onion, chopped
2 14.5oz cans of italian tomatoes
1 10 3/4 oz can of tomato soup with basil, undiluted
4 cups water
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp dried oregano
1tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp chili powder (optional for pussies)
1 16oz can kidney beans, drained
1 16oz can italian green beans, drained
1 carrot, chopped
1 zucchini, chopped
8 ounces rotini noodles, cooked
Grated Parmesan cheese

Instruction
Cook been and onion in dutch oven over medium heat, stirring until beef "crumbles" and is no longer pink; drain. Return mixture to pan. Stir in tomatoes, next 7 ingredients on my list (8 if you put chili powder in). Reduce heat, simmer, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes. Stir in kidney beans and next 3 ingredients on my list; simmer, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes. Stir in pasta, sprinkle each serving with cheese for maximum omnomnom.

Quote by Jackal58

We need pics of you preparing and cooking it.

I need to find an incredibly girly apron if I'm going to take pics of me cooking.
A bowl of Apple Jacks Cereal:

1 bowl of cereal
1/2 to 3/4 bowl of milk
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Today I sauted some scallops and put them over spaghetti. It was effing good. Just put the spaghetti on, then heat up some olive oil and add mushrooms, garlic, scallops, and white whine in that order. Let the garlic get nice and brown, just don't burn it or the dish is ruined. It can be tricky to avoid that while making sure the mushrooms get nice and tender and the scallops cook enough. But when it's all good, just strain the spaghetti and poor the pan of deliciousness on it and serve hot. Here's the sauted ingredients:

Some things to remember: make sure your pasta:saute ingredients ratio is good. You don't want to have too much pasta so that the tastiness gets lost. Don't wash the spaghetti after straining it, you want to keep all the starch on it to hold onto the sauted ingredients. Don't be afraid to put more garlic. AND DON'T BURN THE GARLIC!!
We're only strays.
Awesome strawberry banana smoothie recipe:
-1 cup of strawberry banana yogurt
-1 banana
-8 strawberries (frozen or fresh, doesn't really matter)
-1 cup of crushed/shaved ice (normal ice works too just not as well, so if you have a fridge that can crush ice for you, use that)
-1 can of strawberry banana nectar (you can buy it at your local grocery store for $0.50 a can here and it makes the smoothie soo much better. In my grocery store it's in the Mexican isle but it probably depends by store) but if that's not available, then 1 cup of water, or 1 cup of orange juice. But seriously, just go get the nectar stuff. I use water/orange juice when I don't feel like running to the store. Pretty much you can put any juice in the smoothie, but the nectar works x10 better than anything else

dump the yogurt in the blender, break up the banana into pieces with your hands and put in the blender, and dump the strawberries in the blender. Blend it up and if it's not blending well, it's too thick so add a bit of the nectar until it becomes thinner and will then blend in the strawberries better. Alternatively, you can blend the yogurt and bananas together, add some nectar, and drop the strawberries in individually. Whatever works. After the bananas, yogurt, and strawberries are all well blended together (and thinned out with some of the necter), stop the blender and add the ice. Stir the ice around with a spoon and start the blender again.

It'll probably be pretty thick again from adding the ice, so add more nectar as you see fit until it's thin enough that the ice blends easily. Then, once the ice is all nice and blended, stop and test the smoothie. If it's too thick, add more nectar. If it isn't thick enough, add more ice.

Then take it out and drink it. That usually makes me about 2 glasses of smoothie but it'll depend on how much ice and nectar you put in. You probably won't use the whole can of nectar though.
DRINK APPLE JUICE
O.J. will kill you