So yeah, I need new gear soon. A new cab and a head. I was thinking of the Bugera as I won't be able to spend that much, but should I save a bit more and go for a used 6505+?
depends how much/how long you can wait for the new gear?
is it urgent, or is it a case you want to upgrade your current stuff?
I don't really use cleans much at all. I'm just looking to the future for when I get a job which should be pretty soon.
well if i assume your using it for the primary purpose, gain based musical activities, maybe the peavey is the better one, but it would be best to test all the amps in your price band, make sure you get the right one !
I can't test the amps, no shops near me have any good amps. I'd have to travel like 100 miles just to test it out and my parents wouldn't drive me.
used 6505 heads go from like £500 - £700+
decent cabs for them go from like £200 - £500

depends on your budget,

ive been trying to get a 6505 head + cab for years, but my money goes elsewhere
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
I'd go for the Bugera TBH. I NEVER recommend them, but they seem to have gotten their act together lately and they do sound very good. Peaveys are just too much money in Europe - the Bugera is still very reasonable there and sounds very similar. In the US, yeah spending a bit more on the Peavey might be worth it, but not in Europe, the difference in sound (which is subjective to which sounds better anyway), isn't worth the extra cost.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by MatrixClaw
I'd go for the Bugera TBH. I NEVER recommend them, but they seem to have gotten their act together lately and they do sound very good. Peaveys are just too much money in Europe - the Bugera is still very reasonable there and sounds very similar. In the US, yeah spending a bit more on the Peavey might be worth it, but not in Europe, the difference in sound (which is subjective to which sounds better anyway), isn't worth the extra cost.

I'll see what comes about when I have the money, if there are some floating about locally I'll save for a peavey. If not, its B00GERA.
He’s in the same town as i....

I was going to offer him the chance to try mine out if he’d not already bought one.....
Schecter 006 Deluxe
Gibson Flying V 67 Reissue
Bugera 6262
Ashdown 2x12 Cab