I'm in need of a few things from any Orlando/Winter Park area.
1)Venues that are Rock friendly
2) radio stations that are Hard Rock/ Metal oriented.
3) local music stores(not Guitar Center of Sweetwater) that are cool places to chill and jam
and anything else you might feel as important ie food, chilling..food. any help is appreciated thanks
Quote by LesPaulHer0
"in the grand scheme of things, nobody cares"

Gear:
Dean 10K Commemorative Razorback
Ibanez RG 3EX1
BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Fender Acoustic
Marshall MG250DFX
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Electro Harmonix Small Clone Full Chorus
Disney World.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Ah, Orlando. What can I say about thee.

Nah, venue wise it actually isnt so bad over there. Its got great venues imo. All are pretty rock friendly. Cant say anything bad about that.

Night life wise though? I wasnt really impressed. Downtown is the "place to be", but the bars close at 2am and to be honest, its kind of a sketchy place. I wouldnt walk around there alone. Just me though. Im also a 100lb female. Besides Downtown though, I really felt like the night life was really spread out in a bad way. I personally prefer a selection of night life that is within walking or public transit distance away. There is sufficient public transit in Orlando, but Jesus is it busy. Which reminds me...Traffic is hell. Anywhere.

Keep in mind this is coming from a biased gal that has been totally jaded by Miami/Ft. Lauderdale.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
If u want to have a good time City Walk and downtown Orlando are your places.

Real rock 101.1 will probably be your station. Noticing your 7dust avatar, you'll be happy that they play the shit out of them.

Georges Music on I-drive and Guitar Center on Orange Blossum are your music stores.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Disney land, universal studios and island of adventures that's all you need.

I'm actually leaving to Miami tomorrow.
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

come to canada where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

It's the modern day Iraq
Technically, Sweetwater is local because there's only one of them.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
sounds great. i had a feeling alot of the happening stuff would be either City Walk or Downtown Disney, like i've seen a few concerts at the House of Blues, and yellowfrizbee, i noticed the sketchy-ness of the area somewhat, but i don't look like someone they would wanna mess with(steel toe boots, ripped jeans, and a three foot wallet chain along with grungy hair and semi muscular build.), despite the sweet nature i usually have. thanks to everyone for their input, really beneficial
Quote by LesPaulHer0

Gear:
Ibanez RG 3EX1
Fender Acoustic
Marshall MG250DFX
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Well, I live in Cape Coral, which isn't exactly close to Orlando, so I'm not sure if the radio stations are the same, but this is what we have here:

99.3 = 99x, it's a modern rock/indie/alternative rock station, plays stuff like Chevelle, Muse, Phoenix, Alice in Chains, Breaking Benjamin, Metallica, Cage the Elephant etc

102.5 = The Bone, classic rock station, plays stuff from the 70's up to the late 90's.

94.5 = K-Rock, or something like that, another classic rock station, mostly stuff from the 70's.

96.4 (i think) = Another classic rock station, don't listen to it much, can't tell you what exactly they play, though, from when I listen to it, it's usually some more obscure (for radio, at least) classic rock bands that I only ever really hear on that station.

102.5 = Bob FM, plays a variety of stuff from the 60's up until today, rock and pop.

I don't think there's any real "metal" station at all.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Jun 25, 2010,
101.1 WJRR is probably the only Hard Rock -type station. Everything else is like Rap and shit. There is a local music store called Park Ave. CDs...Thats the closest I can relate to what you're asking. I live in Orlando for school, but I don't put my time into looking for music stores and stuff. I know where there is a GC, but you're not looking for that.

Quote by RageAgnstUrJaw
If u want to have a good time City Walk and downtown Orlando are your places.

Georges Music on I-drive and Guitar Center on Orange Blossum are your music stores.

City Walk is awesome.
There is a GC on Orange Blossom?? I know there is one on Orange Ave...
Quote by SteveHouse
M. Night Shyamallama

Last edited by talia. at Jun 25, 2010,
@crazy8rgood, I'm actually moving from Cape Coral lol small world. and yea i know of 96.1 but not 96.4. and 99X does some decent concerts here, one of the only things that is worth missing in the area besides friends
Quote by LesPaulHer0

Gear:
Ibanez RG 3EX1
Fender Acoustic
Marshall MG250DFX
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Quote by talia.
101.1 WJRR is probably the only Hard Rock -type station. Everything else is like Rap and shit. There is a local music store called Park Ave. CDs...Thats the closest I can relate to what you're asking. I live in Orlando for school, but I don't put my time into looking for music stores and stuff. I know where there is a GC, but you're not looking for that.

City Walk is awesome.
There is a GC on Orange Blossom?? I know there is one on Orange Ave...
**** JRR. They play the same Metallica/God Smack/Nickleback songs over and over again. I miss Orock cuz they'd do that thing where they'd play nothing but 90's alternative at Noon. And Bobby Smith was my boy. He's on 105.1 now, but I'm not listening to that shit.

Park Avenue is cool.

And for music venues I know a bunch, but the only one that comes to mind is Will's Pub. I'll try to think of more.

Oh and the Social. That's a bigger one.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Oh and Demetri Martin saw an otter when he was walking down University to the Publix. I didn't know we had otters.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown