Been looking for a new amp. I wanted to step it up a notch (or a few) from my cube/champ. Decided on an AC15C1. $599 new. Couldn't get any used cause the C1 just came out the beginning of this year, and they're a big improvement on the CC1.

Pics:
In the car:

Front

Front

Tubes, 12AX7s and EL84s.

Been breakin' her in, sounding greatttt. Loving the cleans as much as I'm loving the dirty. The master volume reallly is a treat, and the reverb is realllly nice as well. So far the tubes are holding up, and I've ordered the parts and enclosure for a footswitch that I'll just be making myself. : D
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
YUSS! I love mine to death.
Quote by josephde
I've played a lot of Koreans that were just horrible.

An excellent example of unintended racism.
Vox's are the best. Even my lower end one. HNAD!
2012 Gibson Les Paul Custom Classic
2001 Schecter C-1 Classic
2007 Yamaha APX500
Vox AC15CC1 w/ Eminence Tonkerlite
Assorted Pedals!

All for sale!

Call me Matt!
looks awesome. I've been thinking about getting one if I can get the money. How loud can it get? If mic'd, do you think there would be enough headroom to play it at a small rock gig? Would it sound decent?
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Pretty Vox, happy new amp day
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by crzysnowborder
looks awesome. I've been thinking about getting one if I can get the money. How loud can it get? If mic'd, do you think there would be enough headroom to play it at a small rock gig? Would it sound decent?

yeah, it's loud enough for gigging if setup right, and yes it will sound decent.
sweet. i might look into it. much cheaper than a smallish tube head and 2x12 cab.
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Yeah if you have it mic'd, and depending of course on your drummer etc. Also, if you need more loudness there's always the ability to add an extension or run to an external cab. Although if you intend on getting nice cleans out of it in a gig setting, I think you'd probably find it difficult getting loud enough without getting some breakup which you may or may not want.

But yeah, it's sounding pretty nice as it is now, I haven't fiddled with tubes yet. A lot of sources report a much better sound with new ones. Also, if you do go for it, make sure it's a Custom not a Custom classic as all the shops might not have switched yet. The C1 is a much better buy than the CC1, even if for the speaker alone! (Greenback vs. a wharfdale)
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." - Aldous Huxley
Last edited by Zamorak at Jun 25, 2010,
Super cool. Today my basement shall be ravaged with the sound of our new gear.
breaking hearts
&
breaking guitars
Last edited by Kevy Absolution at Jun 26, 2010,
Nice! Could you make some soundclips?

HNAD
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Yeah I'll try and get you some clips with and without that TS. Right now I'm running the TS when I get a nice clean, and have the overdrive knob all the way at zero and level at max. It pushes it quite nicely there and I get a nice sounding breakup. When I add the TS under an already overdriven sound, it has much less of an effect and mostly shapes the tone to whatever I have the level and tone knob with. It's really interesting.
so when you make the footswitch, will it run into the back of the amp or will it be a switcher between both inputs?

I always thought that if you have a jack in both inputs it will just "normalize" them or something. Maybe only certain amps though, I'm not sure.

HNAD

It must be nice having a Greenback in there as opposed to the Wharfedales in the CC1s
Quote by Tedward
so when you make the footswitch, will it run into the back of the amp or will it be a switcher between both inputs?

I always thought that if you have a jack in both inputs it will just "normalize" them or something. Maybe only certain amps though, I'm not sure.

HNAD

It must be nice having a Greenback in there as opposed to the Wharfedales in the CC1s

The channel isn't footswitchable normally, so I'm essentially making an A/B switcher with the footswitch electronics built in as well. You can run both channels at the same time, but I haven't tried that yet. (It gives interesting opportunities with a stereo chorus for example or having two effects chains and using a volume pedal to control one channel, etc..). So the enclosure will have one mono input (guitar in), two mono outs (the guitar/channel outs) and one stereo in/out (for the rear footswitch controlling reverb and trem)

i'll post a review once I get some more time with it. For sure, and clips of course. Don't worry! haha.