I just seen this Gibson Ace Frehley Les Paul Guitar on craigslist and I thought it was way sexy. And I looked it up and it looks like it's worth a LOT more than that! what does UG think

http://stgeorge.craigslist.org/msg/1807977507.html
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers
'91 Stratocaster, MIM....

Line Six Flextone II 60 watt amp
Seems suspicious. Frehley LP's seem to be one of the hottest guitars to be made chinese copies of, and no good old, quality copies like the 70's Ibanez, Aria and Tokai guitars either, cheap, factory-made crap. Definitely check it out before dropping a penny.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by necrosis1193
Seems suspicious. Frehley LP's seem to be one of the hottest guitars to be made chinese copies of, and no good old, quality copies like the 70's Ibanez, Aria and Tokai guitars either, cheap, factory-made crap. Definitely check it out before dropping a penny.

Yeah. The body shape looks wrong to me for some reason. Definitely check into it more before you even consider buying it.
Quote by Carmel
Lucky I'm a girl and I don't give a damn.

Quote by darkwolf291

I've seen her kill a man with a spork and a rubber band
No one is safe from the wrath of Batgirl!
sadly real or fake I'm flat out broke, couldn't get it if I tried. Those nevadans like to post in utah and try to scam us. oh well I'll just pretend it's fake so I don't feel like I'm missing out hahah
My stuff Schecter C-1 Classic Trans Blue Schecter Tempest Custom w/ duncan distortion humbuckers

Last edited by colt34 at Jun 25, 2010,
Its hard to tell if its legit with just those photos...it could be a fake..or it could be stolen..either way, I wouldn't buy it.
well you never know! I've gotten stuff for a ninth of what it's worth on craigslist around here. legit stuff!

I am pretty sure it is a fake. As I recall, the Ace Frehley Les Paul was a copy of his beloved 1970's three pickup Cherry Sunburst Les Paul Custom. I never saw one in any other finish except for ones specially made for Ace. Also, the Ace Frehely has an ebony fretboard, and that one is rosewood. I wouldn't buy it.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Fake, those knobs are wrong.
Michael
2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio (Ebony w/ Gold)
Peavy Rage 158 Practice Amp
As long as we're on this topic, why are the Frehley LP's so popular to copy? It seems like half are AF LP's.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54