All of my guitars seem to be building up dust(probably just from my house, or maybe my fingers, I don't really know), but its not fun to play guitar when I get dirt all over my hands, and it's harder to slide around the neck with this stuff on the guitar, so how do I clean it?? It's also on the fretboard, so please make suggestions on it.
new strings. and to clean the fretboard use lemon oil
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
try some coated strings like elixers or EXPs. And see if the dust/frime issues is still apparent.

Toodles!
- Ibanez S470 (2004)
- late 70's vintage Fender Stratocaster (USA)
- VOX VT100 Amp
- Digitech Whammy Pedal
- Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
- Visual Sound Volume Pedal
- MXR Micro Amp
change the strings, and well changing them clean the fretboard, and polish the frets if you want too :]
If you don't talk to your kids about GAS, who will?
I usually just take a dry cloth and run it up and down the strings a couple times, then for the fretboard, I use lemon oil.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Wash your hands before you play. Even if they’re already clean. And use FastFret.
i just get the edge of my shirt and slide it down underneath the strings. maybe thats just me
Guitars:
Martin DSR acoustic
Fender Telecaster
Epiphone Les Paul
Amp:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Pedals:
535Q Crybaby>Fulltone OCD>Phase 90>EHX Big Muff>MXR Carbon Copy>EHX Holy Grail
You can call me Matt
Yeah, mine gets pretty gross too... if it's real bad, just detune and take a paper towelie to it.

Gotta get new string atleast every 2 weeks or so anyways, gotta love those bendy and right new strings!
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
get new strings, or if your poor like me take a cloth and wipe up and down and it get the oxidation off enough to where you can play. but its nice with new strings.
I just get a thin towel and wrap it around the strings then proceed to rub them clean. I hate the feel of any of the string cleaners I've tried.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs