I've got a question about the EQ settings for guitars. Should a guitar sound high and sort of tinny when played without a bass or drums or anything behind it, or should you find a tone that sounds good no matter what's playing with it? Cause I've been messing with my EQ, and idk what sounds best, and I wanted to know if I get a decent sound that isn't really high pitched or tinny or whatever if its going to sound muddy or too deep or bassy or anything?
If you guys can figure out what I'm trying to say, and find my answer, thank you.
Sending a dummy to my God.

I don't undertsand the question to be honest.

Just find something that you think sounds good.

Also, go to GG&A for EQ help.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
just go with whatever sounds best to you.

alot of times musicians i play with/know (myself included) have an EQ setting for when theyre just jammin out by themselves and another setting for when they're playing with a full band. In a live situation guitarists should (or the sound guy workin the mixer) will boost the guitar's mids so they can cut through the mix better. but the guitarist may like a nice scooped setting on their EQ by its self or in the studio
Guitar Rig:
Fender Telecaster
Martin GPCPA5
Orange Rockerverb 50

Bass Rig:
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz V
Hartke HA3500
I just turn bass, mid and treble on my amp up to 10 and play through my bridge pickup with the volume and tone at 10. It all depends. What kinda jams are you lookin' to kick out? Do want your guitar to sound high and tinny? Do want it to sound full and bass-y? Do you want it to sound sweet & jangly? Do you want it to sound like yr amp is gonna blow up? Maybe get an EQ pedal if you wanna change your sound from one part of the song to the next?
Ask the Electric Guitar forum or GG&A.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Just go with whatever you like, don't try to copy other people' guitar tones and just use what you like
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
Quote by sporkman7
Just max out the gain, turn the treble to 10, and mid and lows to 0. Then just be br00talz.

*CHHHHRRRRUUUUNNNNCCCHHH*
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by sporkman7
Just max out the gain, turn the treble to 10, and mid and lows to 0. Then just be br00talz.

Wait, what? That will sound absolutely ho...

Oh, nevermind. This setting really brings out the life in your sound.

Quote by StratoCatser
*CHHHHRRRRUUUUNNNNCCCHHH*

Hey, what was up with the comment on my profile? You didn't say anything but 2 words.
Umm, generally your jam tone will sound crap when used in your bedroom. I jack my mids up, crank the bass down, treble + presence at 6-8 ish, and I turn the gain down.

when I play alone however, mids are down, bass is up, gain is around 7.5 (as compared to like, 5).

you shouldnt have a full bassy sound when playing with a band. thats the bass + vocal job. dont take up all the frequencies with your guitar.
has a terrible signature.
Quote by sporkman7

Quote by guitarxo
I had a dream about your avatar once, so yes of course.

Quote by Bladez22

every time i see that twirling electrode avatar of yours I know that the post is worth reading or the link is worth clicking

Quote by Austyn6661

you shouldnt have a full bassy sound when playing with a band. thats the bass + vocal job. dont take up all the frequencies with your guitar.

Really? the vocals is part of the lower frequencies? I always saw it as the highest frequency of the band, that is, until there are lead parts, which then it would be right there between the rhythm guitar and and lead guitar.
Last edited by ItsOnlyGNR at Jun 26, 2010,
^This guy is right. You do need mids, otherwise things sound hollow or digital, as they say.

Well without a bass player, I'd go for a middle ground. Something bright but with enough lower end to shell out the full sound. If you do have a bass player, then go a little brighter, because the bass will take care of the lower end for you and make the sound more discernible and give you that contrast you need.

NAO GTFO.
Quote by SG_dave at #33549256
I've never wanted to see a guy eat dick so much in my life.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7 at #33553650
If you are white, you are scum.
Last edited by CL/\SH at Jun 26, 2010,