Hi guys, I'm really looking to buy a new amp but I have no idea what's good.

What I have right now is some crappy beginner amp, it doesn't even have any proper controls, dials for "beef" "tweak" and "enjoy"(are those made up settings? )all of which do NOTHING, needless to say the amp itself doesn't sound very good.

I've got a budget of £100, maybe slightly over if necessary.

Willing to buy used or new, doesn't really bother me as long as I can get a good amp!

Not going to be using it for any gigs or anything like that, I've only been playing for about a week or two so that stuff doesn't concern me. I just want a good amp to practise with in my house and hopefully last me until I'm a decent guitar player, and obviously I want it to sound good

Lastly the type of music I'll be playing, I'm not fixated on any certain type of music so if I can get a somewhat versatile amp which can play different types of music nicely I'd be pretty satisfied.
Last edited by qais at Jun 26, 2010,
Peavey Vypyr or Roland Cube/Microcube

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
Quote by phlip999
Peavey Vypyr, get the 30 watt if you can.

That is not £100.

Roland Microcube
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
That is not £100.

Roland Microcube

The 15W is <£100, and used a 30W is <£100 too, hence the 'if you can' statement.

But yeh either the Microcube or the Vypyr
Ibanez RG370DX
Schecter C-1 Classic
Valveking 112 w/ Celestion V30
Bad Monkey
Tanglewood TW28 Acoustic
erm if you are not really into playing metal, vox valvetronix are good little amps for beginners!
microcube or vox da5 (i haven't tried the da5, i've tried the valvetronixes) are well under £100. I haven't tried the vypyr but I think the vypyr 15 is around £100. If you can stretch that budget slightly, consider the roland cube 30, vox valvetronixes, or more expensive vypyrs.

just don't get the cube 15x or 20x, because they don't have the amp models, and aren't as versatile.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?