Hey, I was just wondering if anyone could shed some light on these two pieces of gear. Was aiming at acquiring a Pod Studio UX1 or UX2 initially for the ease of hooking up to the computer, selecting whatever effects I want quickly / mucking around, and being able to record - and record vocals, additionally - when I want.

I then just found out about the Vox JamVox - from what I can understand it more or less does the same thing, but via a small monitor? Can anyone shed some light on which might be better / sound quality / comparative ease of use / recording / interface etc?

Any help is appreciated!
I've had a UX2 for awhile now, and i've barley used it, Mostly because the windows 7 support is TERRIBLE, and even the tones you get from it isn't the best, i just uploaded a enter sandman after actually getting it to work for the first time in 3 months, now after doing that it's broken again and keeps cutting out when recording.
I find Pod Farm's clean tones borderline terrible. High gain sounds are amazing though.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^which high gain

which clean tone?

I like the Line 6 original high gain models e.g. Chemical X. I disliked all of the clean amps they had except the AC-30 model. The blackface, the roland jazz chorus, the bassman...meh.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
I get the impression Vox typically has great warm clean tones, and Line6 better high gain tones. Another option I was considering was getting a Vox Tonelab ST, plugging in via USB and recording that way - and while it offers more in a sense it could be used for band practice / small gigs and the like, setting up a physical effects board doesn't quite have the same ease of use that the Line6 UXs seem to offer.

So, leaning toward a UX1 or UX2 at the moment.
Haven't seen the metal pack - what is it?

As for what I (try to) play - lean toward alternative / ambient / rock / with a twist of metal. I have an amp, but it's just a 40w combo. I was figuring a UX would be handy due to being able to sit at the comp (where I play/practice anyway), plug in, and fiddle around with effects / record some pieces. No real space to hook the amp up over here, and not too pleased with the tone I get out of it at times either.
The Pod Studio UX come with Pod Farm. Very slick. Used to be called Toneport. Metal pack is like $30 and gives more amp models. You will need something like Audacity or Reaper to actually record. I did a few clips with it not too long ago.

http://line6.com/podstudioux2/
Can you record onto reaper with the jamvox? Anyone got any High gain heavy metal clips?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's
Go for the POD. You'll want to upgrade to proper monitors soon. (Although I haven't personally tried the JamVox.)

Play a Cort ?

Play with V-Picks ?

Every minute is to be Grasped........................................................................Time waits for nobody.

Quote by BoL7z
I've had a UX2 for awhile now, and i've barley used it, Mostly because the windows 7 support is TERRIBLE, and even the tones you get from it isn't the best, i just uploaded a enter sandman after actually getting it to work for the first time in 3 months, now after doing that it's broken again and keeps cutting out when recording.

Then it's something wrong with your computer, because I've been using my UX2 and POD Farm since the beginning of the year with Windows 7 with no problems at all.

POD Farm is capable of some amazing tones if you spend some time tweaking.

TS: I actually just bought POD Farm Platinum for the iLok and it should be here Monday - So if you want a UX2 for cheaper than a new one, with a bunch of extras - mine has the Metal, Collectors Classics and Effects Junkie pack, I will even surrender my account to you so you have full access to everything on the UX2.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by Gundamnitpete
Can you record onto reaper with the jamvox? Anyone got any High gain heavy metal clips?

Dont know about that but, I used to have it and it will record directly to your windows media player. Not a bad recording tool I guess but i always have liked the amp, mic placement, in other words, your REAL tones.
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
Quote by madh4ttr
Dont know about that but, I used to have it and it will record directly to your windows media player. Not a bad recording tool I guess but i always have liked the amp, mic placement, in other words, your REAL tones.

Many, many, many professional recordings, on label records were done with POD Farm (ie: Almost all of Joey Sturgis's mixes are POD Farm).

Not knocking the JamVox though - it does look kinda cool, but for what you get for the price, it's definitely questionable
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Last edited by MatrixClaw at Jun 27, 2010,
Quote by MatrixClaw

TS: I actually just bought POD Farm Platinum for the iLok and it should be here Monday - So if you want a UX2 for cheaper than a new one, with a bunch of extras - mine has the Metal, Collectors Classics and Effects Junkie pack, I will even surrender my account to you so you have full access to everything on the UX2.

Hey Matrix, I'll shoot you a PM.
Quote by MatrixClaw
Many, many, many professional recordings, on label records were done with POD Farm (ie: Almost all of Joey Sturgis's mixes are POD Farm).

Not knocking the JamVox though - it does look kinda cool, but for what you get for the price, it's definitely questionable

well, to me the jamvox looks good considering the price. It's $130, aren't the pods
like $200-300?
Guitars:
LTD Alexi-600 White & Black
LTD Alexi-200 Black(Death Adder pickup & Gold OFR)
Agile Interceptor Pro 727 7-string
Jackson JS30RR rhoads
Jackson DKMGT
Squire telecaster

amps:
Bugera 6262 212 loaded with WGS veteran 30's