Gah they only come in a gloss finish on the back of the neck! (which is all sticky feeling compared to satin)

The hot rod model with a humbucker comes with a satin finish on the back of the neck but I really don't want a humbucker on a tele

Would the gloss finish be something I got use to?
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12

All hail the '02'er!

On topic, I have a strat copy with that laquer-ish finish and I've gotten very used to it. In fact, it helps my hand slide because I have clammy palms so its like teflon to me...
LICKY, LICKY LOLLIPOP

Quote by soundjam
Which is why you eat funions. All the deliciousness of fried onions without disgusting lukewarm onion snake.
you would probably get used to it in about a week or so but i can only imagine how annoying it would be if your hands were sweaty when you were playing
If you don't get use to it, you could sand it of with fine sand paper without even touching wood.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
02 a rare sign nowadays :p ? I just love the look of the 52's!
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Just give the neck a bit of a sand, don't even have to go through the lacquer. It is very simple, I did it to my strat the other day and she plays like a charm now.
Yer try it if you dont like it get rid of it but not with sandpaper fine wire wool only.
SMILE!
Buy one and sand the neck down? Or, if you want to preserve the resale value, buy a replacement neck and keep the original and just switch is back when you come to sell it. Then also sell the replacement neck
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
buy the hot rod and a tele neck single coil pickup?

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?