I was wondering if anyone knew if it was possible to get just a basic footswitch pedal for the Peavey Vypyr amp. All I want is a footswitch pedal to switch between two channels. I know the Sanpera pedal can be used with the Vypyr, but I don't want to pay $100 for a lot of features I won't use.

A guy at Guitar Center ordered a Peavey ValveKing & Windsor Pedal for me. But when I looked at it on the web site at home I noticed it didn't have the proper jack. I guess the guy at GC wasn't too familiar with the Vypyr Series. Am I missing something?

Peavey Valveking & Windsor Pedal can be seen here:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-ValveKing-and-Windsor-Guitar-Footswitch-104824792-i1402163.gc

As far as I can tell, the Peavey PFC3 Footswitch looks to be my only hope. It looks like it has the jack I need. Does anyone know if this would allow me to switch between two channels?

Peavey PFC3 Footswitch can be seen here:
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Peavey-PFC3-Footswitch-104219787-i1134200.gc

If anyone could help it would be much appreciated. I can't believe I'm having this much trouble finding something so basic. Sorry if it doesn't make any sense.

Thanks in advance . . .
You can try making your own footswitch. I did it myself for about $10. All you need is a regular cable with one end cut off. Then you solder to the hot and ground of any SPST switch. I'm assuming that your Vypyrs footswitch input is like a normal guitar input
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
That looks like a DIN plug (5 pin?) which makes sense because it has 4 switches. DIN plugs are one of the worst plugs to solder, the only ones I hate more are mini Din.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
aha, I guess you won't be making one then
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
try pick up a cheap programmable midi footpedal, i think its the only way you can do it other then picking up a sanpera 1.

I get the feeling that the sanpera 1 will be your cheapest option and gives you access to other features, i know you only want channel switching but with it being a midi controlled amp its not as simple as picking up a $10 latching footswitch.

i use an FCB1010 and i must say its a lot easier then the sanpera pedals as ive programmed it how i like so i have direct access to 7 presets instead of the normal 4 aswell as direct access to the volume, tuner, whammy and wah at all times - although i have to turn the wah/whammy on with a seperate button then use the pedal.
Quote by Cathbard
That looks like a DIN plug (5 pin?) which makes sense because it has 4 switches. DIN plugs are one of the worst plugs to solder, the only ones I hate more are mini Din.

It is a DIN plug. That's what makes it so complicated, lol. But it's 7 pin, not 5.

The Peavey PFC3 Footswitch looks like it has a DIN plug, which I assume is 7 pin. That's why I'm wondering if that one would work.

I can't believe it's so difficult to find.

Thanks for the suggestions thus far . . .
I had didn't think I'd use very many of it's features either back when I had a Vypyr. After I got a Sanpera I, that changed. I think you'd use more features than you think too. The looper is alot fun to play with. The wah is actually pretty good and also works as a volume pedal, which I ended up using alot. The Sanpera I also lets you turn one effect from the stompboxes knob on & off and lets you turn the delay on and off. Plus you can switch between 12 presets with it. Trust me ths Sanpera I is worth the money.
Quote by zakkwyldefan79
I had didn't think I'd use very many of it's features either back when I had a Vypyr. After I got a Sanpera I, that changed. I think you'd use more features than you think too. The looper is alot fun to play with. The wah is actually pretty good and also works as a volume pedal, which I ended up using alot. The Sanpera I also lets you turn one effect from the stompboxes knob on & off and lets you turn the delay on and off. Plus you can switch between 12 presets with it. Trust me ths Sanpera I is worth the money.

Yea. I can see that I'm going to end up buying the Sanpera I. The damn amp should come with it when you buy it, lol. But whatever.

Thanks for the advice!