I barely play metal/metalcore, and I want to learn a few songs that will keep my rhythm and solo playing abilities in this genre up. What songs could I learn that fit this? I have been playing for a year and a half ish, but I still suck. Solowise, I kinda know MoP solo, and I'm ok on rhythm, but not so much on the belting out of Palm Muted E's..

Help?
yeah, raining blood really isn't as hard as it sounds. i learned it in like 8 minutes, and i am absolutely a terrible song learner
Try some Lamb of God, they'll get you started on more modern metal/(core). Redneck & Ruin would be good to start.

Solo wise, Try some of Bullet For My Valentine's stuff. Not particularly mind-blowing...but everyone starts somewhere. Scream Aim Fire & Waking the Demon comed to mind.
| Call me Matt. | | I like music. |
Last edited by Audioslave95 at Jun 26, 2010,
and for metalcore... every song is the same. learn unholy confessions by avenged sevenfold, then you will know every metalcore song there is
Quote by Audioslave95
Try some Lamb of God, they'll get you started on more modern metal/(core). Redneck & Ruin would be good to start.

Solo wise, Try some of Bullet For My Valentine's stuff. Not particularly mind-blowinging...but everyone starts somewhere. Scream Aim Fire & Waking the Demon comed to mind.

BFMV... gross
Quote by olix95
BFMV... gross

Shock! Horror! People like different music to you. Get over it.
Quote by Audioslave95
Shock! Horror! People like different music to you. Get over it.

no. the world must be my way, and revolve around me ME ME!!
Quote by olix95
no. the world must be my way, and revolve around me ME ME!!

You remind me so much of my ex. There's a reason i keep a pool cue under my bed...

Quote by Audioslave95
You remind me so much of my ex. There's a reason i keep a pool cue under my bed...

you know it was joke right?

also, yes, the pool cue thing is kind of funny... you really do?
Quote by olix95
you know it was joke right?

also, yes, the pool cue thing is kind of funny... you really do?

Yeah, i'm just having a bad day

and yeah i keep it under my bed mainly for lack of space, partially because i have slight anger issues these days. Oh well *tips hat and sings a merry tune*
Quote by Audioslave95
Yeah, i'm just having a bad day

and yeah i keep it under my bed mainly for lack of space, partially because i have slight anger issues these days. Oh well *tips hat and sings a merry tune*

lol at last part kind of
Kay guys, on topic. I already know Unholy Confessions, and am currently learning raining blood now. I;ve basically got it down other than a few timing issues. I'm also looking to get into som death metal, and mroe thrash tunes to play as well. What to learn?
You can learn a lot about speed and stuff by doing some early Metallica, like Whiplash, Hit The Lights, Four Horsemen, No Remorse, damn, basically anything off Kill em All. Check out some Pantera too, maybe Domination, Cowboys From Hell, ****ing Hostile...
Quote by Audioslave95

Solo wise, Try some of Bullet For My Valentine's stuff. Not particularly mind-blowing...but everyone starts somewhere. Scream Aim Fire & Waking the Demon comed to mind.

^^^This guy knows what's up.
BFMV has very easy solos, and they're all pretty easy to play. I would like add the solo to one of their newer songs, "The Last Fight." It's a great little way to practice alternate picking
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09
Quote by Lollage123
Kay guys, on topic. I already know Unholy Confessions, and am currently learning raining blood now. I;ve basically got it down other than a few timing issues. I'm also looking to get into som death metal, and mroe thrash tunes to play as well. What to learn?

Death metal is usually really hard to play.

You can try some Dethklok, that's pretty much like the gateway, if you will, into death metal. The tone is there, without the usual difficult technique. Start with Dethalbum I songs, which are pretty easy, and then work into Dethalbum II, which is harder (especially in the solo area).

I'm assuming that since you like metalcore, you're into melodic death metal (like me )
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Starting out go buy your self a copy of Judas Priest British Steel. Learn it start to finish and you will have a damm good foundation to playing metal and rock n roll. Most of these whack job suggestions are not things a beginner can even come close to playing. Learn to walk before you run weed hopper.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
The first metal song I learned was Seek And Destroy by Metallica, but I never ended up learning the solo, and the solo's by no means an easy one for a beginner(even though it's pretty much just random wailing). And like Bhaok said, British Steel-era Judas Priest(IE Grinder, Living After Midnight, You Got Another Thing Comin') is mostly pretty easy.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Offworld92
Death metal is usually really hard to play.

You can try some Dethklok, that's pretty much like the gateway, if you will, into death metal. The tone is there, without the usual difficult technique. Start with Dethalbum I songs, which are pretty easy, and then work into Dethalbum II, which is harder (especially in the solo area).

I'm assuming that since you like metalcore, you're into melodic death metal (like me )

this is your best chance for death metal here
Quote by Bhaok
Starting out go buy your self a copy of Judas Priest British Steel. Learn it start to finish and you will have a damm good foundation to playing metal and rock n roll. Most of these whack job suggestions are not things a beginner can even come close to playing. Learn to walk before you run weed hopper.

I like this man. This is a good man, with good suggestions. You just don't see many wonderful human being like this man on UG anymore... Bhaok, you are a man right?

All humor aside. DO THIS.
Better, Faster, Stronger

Kansas City Chiefs

Kansas State Wildcats
Quote by airbrendie
Hey guys in the last 3 weeks I ****ed all the girls in this picture, what do you think?

Quote by VanTheKraut
I like this man. This is a good man, with good suggestions. You just don't see many wonderful human being like this man on UG anymore... Bhaok, you are a man right?

All humor aside. DO THIS.

All male and older then dirt.
Bhaok

The following statement is true. The proceeding statement is false.
Dokken's Mr. Scary has a lot of palm muted E's in it. Not sure if you want to learn 80's hair metal but you will get plenty of those palm mutes in this song.
Last edited by CT_Eagle at Jun 27, 2010,