Hello everyone! I would like to buy guitar, but I need some help.

I tried some guitars in guitar shop and I realy like RGR321ex clean sound. But I realy dislike its overdrive. It's too noisy and dirty, may be it'll be good for some metal styles.

So. I play some "soft"-rock, post-punk, post-rock, indie and pop-punk (like blink-182). I don't play any metal and hard-'n'-heavy styles.

What guitars with such clean and less dirty overdrive should I try? I have 450$ and it can be used guitar.

Thanks for help!
Last edited by dobry_zhuk at Jun 26, 2010,
Thank you!

But I've tried tele and strat and they are too "glassy" for me. I need something like that Ibanez modern sound.
SSH strat, epiphone Les paul or SG, a used Fender telecaster deluxe or more realistically a Squire Tele custom that ive heard good stuff about.
SMILE!
Last edited by Mr.DeadDuck at Jun 26, 2010,
Quote by JELIFISH19
What amp are you using?

I've just visited shop and there were 3 lamp 50, 60 and 100W amp. I don't remember the names...

Quote by Mr.DeadDuck
SSH strat, epiphone Les paul or SG, a used Fender telecaster deluxe or more realistically a Squire Tele custom that ive heard good stuff about.

I've already tried SSH strat (Mexico) — it was good, but too glassy and bright. I like LP and SG, but there are no singles. I want to find something like this clean: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqG4JoqapaQ

Thanks!
maybe remembering which amp you tried it through helps...

Also, it's more important to know how it sounds through your own amp...
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
ur right about the RGR321EX having a muddy sound on the distortion. Cleans sound fantastic on it, but overdrive...

What about changing the bridge pickup? Its a brilliant guitar for the price, but with a pickup change it would be better
Schecter Hellraiser Solo 6
Ibanez RGR321EX
Roland Microcube

RIP Dio _\m/

"There are times in your life when you have to ask yourself the question "What would Charlie Sheen do?""

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Slicer666, I just remember that one was Ibanez and another was Fender. I'm going to visit that shop on Tuesday...

DegaDeth, you've got RGR321, but what other options you have considered? And have you changed you pickups?

Mr.DeadDuck, I'm going to try it =)
It's fine if you don't like the way the distortion sounds, but just be aware that it's 95% of the time the amp that decides that, not the guitar. It's almost never the guitar that will make some massive tone altering change. That's what amp settings are for.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Guitars don't have clean channels...amps do.

+1 to ibanez1973, also learn how to alter your picking dynamics and learn how to use an amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Offworld92, ibanezgod1973, steven seagull of course you're right, but if overdrive is dirty then, it'll be dirty in all setting I think...

I thought that problem is in pickups.
Last edited by dobry_zhuk at Jun 26, 2010,
Quote by dobry_zhuk
Offworld92, ibanezgod1973, steven seagull of course you're right, but if overdrive is dirty then, it'll be dirty in all setting I think...

I thought that problem is in pickups.

Not really. That's why different amps have different gain structures. A Triple Rectifier doesn't sound anything like an AD30. And amp also have controls so you can adjust volume, gain and tone.
JELIFISH19, ok I'm going to try different settings =)

It will be great, if it is possible to combine that clean channel and nice overdrive.