I have now been planning my first guitar build out for about a year now and have finally decided to get started. I actually started a thread about this build I think about a year ago now but that (rather amusingly) slipped into an argument about the ultimate guitar. Since then the guitar has changed so much that I have decided to make another thread. This time I won't mention anything about this being the ultimate build. Here are the basic specs so far:

Telecaster shape
1 piece solid mahogany body (already have it)
Tortoise tele deluxe shaped pickguard
Stewmac (mighty mite) telecaster neck, rosewood fingerboard
HSH pickup arrangement ( Seymour Duncan sh-2n jazz at the neck, stewmac golden age single coil in the mid position, and a Seymour Duncan sh-2 JB at the bridge)
Individual push pull coil splits for both humbuckers
Bigsby b5 tailpiece
Schaller roller bridge

I will post the guitar's kisakae model and full parts list soon.

If you have any comment or advice please post.

Thanks
Gear:
Admira Artista classical guitar
$99 Steel string (actually quite good!)
COMING SOON... FREAK MAHOGANY TELE!
If what you posted is what you have as your avatar then I'd say it should turn out to be rather nice.
I don't believe in signatures. Ah, sh...
I have to ask, because I was wondering from what you listed: Do you tend to like the sound of gibsons/les pauls, but the feel of telecasters?
are you giving it a finish or leaving it natural? if its good grain i think i would leave it natural
"It's not about who has the biggest stick, it's about how hard you can swing it"
I would leave the give the guitar a natural finish if it had a nice grain, however at the moment from what I can see, the body blank looks quite plain. It probably looks better underneath but I guess I'll see what happens.
The sound I'm looking to get from this guitar is sort of les paul with a bit of fender in it, but I am more of a Gibson person.

I have made this kisakae model for you to get an idea of what it will (hopefully) look like.

Full parts list and wiring diagrams are coming soon...
(Invalid img)

If you can't see the photo here is a link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/d40monster/4737807178/
Gear:
Admira Artista classical guitar
$99 Steel string (actually quite good!)
COMING SOON... FREAK MAHOGANY TELE!
Last edited by dachristmasfish at Jun 27, 2010,