I have an orange crush 15R guitar amp that has some awesome clean tones and some nice classic distorted tones. I was wondering if i would be able to play a live gig with it and not get drowned out by the drums, other guitar, bass and vocals. Most of the gigs i would play would have the amps miced but some others wouldnt. Any help regarding if i would be able to play live would be great.
15watt SS amp would definately have some touble keeping up with a drummer - unmic'd.
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
it would definitely need mic'ing up and a shit-hot sound guy to get the best sound for you
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
there is no way that is going to work at an un-miced gig in anything bigger than an apartment. and even then i wouldnt think anyone outside the front row would hear you. the amp just doesnt have the volume to really get over drums, and wont really cut through at high volumes if it competes with other instruments.

anything with a miced amp will be fine since the soundguy can just turn your mic up.