I'm looking for a nice delay pedal, but I need it to be as versatile as possible. At the moment the only real options are the Line 6 DL4 and Eventide Timefactor. The rest of my equipment is in my sig and the delay will be playing all sorts - Muse/The Killers etc to Metallica, BFMV and most things in between.

Does anyone have some additional suggestions which would be something for me to look at? I don't really want to go above £200 (max) so the Eventide would have to be second hand.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
^ not sure i would call the DMM super versitile. fantastic pedal and i love mine, but its not something that gives you a ton of options like these digital delays.

anyway, boss dd-20 is another option for a versitile delay. i would probably rather have the dl-4 or nova delay, but my old room mate used a dd-20 and liked it. had the options and presets he needed.
Boss DD-20 for digital delay

EHX DMM for analong, though like stated before not super versitile but it's a great analong delay.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
I love my MXR Carbon Copy, but it's absolutely not versatile..
The Boss DD-20, from what I tested, is a very good and versatile digital delay.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Can all of those be powered from a Pedal power 2+? I know the Eventide would need a parallel cable, and the Line 6 a centre positive, but what about the DD-20? It is significantly cheaper, which is tempting me quite a bit.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
I know you're looking for additional suggestions but I own a Line 6 Dl-4 and I gotta say I love the thing to death.

It's done everything I've wanted to so far and I haven't even really scratched the surface of it yet as theres so many things you can do with it. Plus it has a looper to boot! It's a great pedal that I use regularly with my music.

I found mine for about $150 used so if you can find one for a decent price I suggest you go for it.
(Gear in profile)

Yes I do like metal, no I'm not a close minded idiot.
Additional suggestions is more to allow other options. The DL4 does look like a pretty decent bang for buck type thing around here, but second hand ones rarely come up at a decent price in the UK (I guess people just keep hold of them).

However, there is one on eBay for £135 and an Eventide for £225 on another forum - gah, decisions. I'll look into the DD-20 and the Nova Delay too, the DD-20 at least seems like a decent pedal for the price, given that it can be had for about £150 new.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
DL4 is amazingly versatile, especially modded (I know DRASP and Cubisteffects both offer DL4 mods) you can mod it to have 8 presets.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
How much would it generally be for those mods? Are they just to add more presets or will they also enhance the delay effects?

Thanks.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
The TimeFactor is plenty versatile... and pretty powerful, i just got one, and have got around to really checking out all the features yet. However, note that some people don't find the signal 100% transparent, so you might hear a very minute treble boost when you activate it. Personally I can't hear it and am very happy with my unit.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Grr, the Timefactor has been sold, so unless another one pops up that is too far out of budget. What do people think of the Nova Repeater? It seems like a slightly stripped Nova Delay, but for £100 less....
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Kensai
Quote by Hidden Hippo
Grr, the Timefactor has been sold, so unless another one pops up that is too far out of budget. What do people think of the Nova Repeater? It seems like a slightly stripped Nova Delay, but for £100 less....

I think the Repeater is awesome, sounds good and has more features than most people ever need