i want to buy a new guitar.while searching one that fits my style,i found a shop selling a rhoads style guitar.on the headstock it said 'grover jackson' while on the truss rod cover it said black blood.the shop owner said this is a jackson guitar for a japanese market.but he cannot tell what is the exact model of the guitar.can anyone help me.please i am very interested to buy that one.
Attachments:
jackson black blood.jpg
Last edited by amar01 at Jun 26, 2010,
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Grover Jackson is who used to own Jackson guitars.

Black blood was a line of guitars they did, that's just a Black Blood Rhoads

*edit*

Beaten
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by pigeonmafia
Grover Jackson is who used to own Jackson guitars.

Black blood was a line of guitars they did, that's just a Black Blood Rhoads

*edit*

Beaten

+1 Not only is that a pretty sweet looking guitar, it has some vintage character to it. If it play/sounds sweet, get it!

Make sure you haggle him on the price, too!
Pretty sure my friend has that exact guitar, and i'll tell you: it's absolute garbage. That's just my opinion, but I still suggest you try it out considering my taste in guitars are probably much different from yours and you may in fact like it.
Quote by BgOslicK
Pretty sure my friend has that exact guitar, and i'll tell you: it's absolute garbage. That's just my opinion, but I still suggest you try it out considering my taste in guitars are probably much different from yours and you may in fact like it.

it might be the new Js30RR,looks almost exactly the same...that indeed is absolute garbage..

this on the other hand,I think is a good guitar judging by the specs
i already tried it..i think the sound is fatter than the rr3 rhoads..maybe its because of the ebony fretboard.or is it because of the poplar body?anyway,credit to you guys.thanks 4 helping me.if you have some more information please tell.you all done a great job.
Quote by BgOslicK

can you tell me how about the sound of that guitar?i like 2 hear your opinion.thanks.
The shop owner was right, the models with Grover Jackson on the headstock were built in Japan for the Japanese market. They still get unique models that the rest of the world don't. Up until recently they were branded as Jackson Stars, and I think the legal thing which stopped them simply branding them as Jackson like everywhere else has ended, and so the Japan only models will just be branded Jackson from now on.
Quote by Confuse-a-Cat
The shop owner was right, the models with Grover Jackson on the headstock were built in Japan for the Japanese market. They still get unique models that the rest of the world don't. Up until recently they were branded as Jackson Stars, and I think the legal thing which stopped them simply branding them as Jackson like everywhere else has ended, and so the Japan only models will just be branded Jackson from now on.

yeah you're right..what is your opinion for made in japan guitar?
Here's what you do: you go try it out, play it standing up, and play it sitting down. It's a pain to play it when sitting, but that's obviously your preference. Try it out enough to see if the guitar is comfortable and the neck suits you. If you honestly think the guitar has a good feel (which I think otherwise), then see if you like the sound of it. The sound is probably one of the most important factors, and I honestly didn't like the sound of my friends at all (but I think it was a different model either way).

But in all honesty it's up to you. If you like it and it's in your budget then go ahead and buy it, I can't stop you.
Quote by BgOslicK
Here's what you do: you go try it out, play it standing up, and play it sitting down. It's a pain to play it when sitting, but that's obviously your preference. Try it out enough to see if the guitar is comfortable and the neck suits you. If you honestly think the guitar has a good feel (which I think otherwise), then see if you like the sound of it. The sound is probably one of the most important factors, and I honestly didn't like the sound of my friends at all (but I think it was a different model either way).

But in all honesty it's up to you. If you like it and it's in your budget then go ahead and buy it, I can't stop you.

Thank you so much 4 your advice.To get a jackson with a good price is quite hard here.My budget is little only,furthermore guitars sold in malaysia are waaayys expensive.I think the tax is so high.For example,whole new rr3 costs usd1230 with hardcase.It is expensive right?
Last edited by amar01 at Jun 30, 2010,