I'm pretty sure that figure 1b is almost exactly the same thing as 1a, only slower. I think the only difference might be in the middle of the lick where there's a slight hiccup. Still, I'll try to tab it out. Shouldn't be too long!
Don your antithesis spectacle, your backwards monocle, and traipse forward to victory.
Alright, only took about 15 minutes! I'm attaching both GP6 and ASCII versions, in case you don't have Guitarpro 6.

Edit: The tabs in this post were a little flawed, updated version posted below.

I hope this helps! It may not be 100% accurate with the fingerings, but I'm pretty sure the notes are all there. Yngwie has an interesting way of looking at the fretboard.
Don your antithesis spectacle, your backwards monocle, and traipse forward to victory.
Last edited by ProjectileQuiet at Jun 26, 2010,
Haha, I'm glad to help. I also realized that I made a little hiccup in the first measure of the tab. I'm uploading a more playable version in a second.

Edit:

Here is a more playable version.
http://www.mediafire.com/?5mmmzrjohzt (Gp6)
http://www.mediafire.com/?nnywtziwl5m (ASCII)
Last edited by ProjectileQuiet at Jun 26, 2010,
Well, there are a few ways that I look at it. Firstly, yes, I listen, and sometimes you can tell when they're just playing scales. After a few listens through, I realized that he was going down the scale four degrees, back up three, down four, up three, etc.

Once I knew how the pattern went, I watched his fingers and did my best to mimic the places that his hands touched the fretboard. For example, there was a riff that started going 14-12-11, and I noticed that he kept his hands in that position for several more repetitions than he had earlier in the exercise, so I mimicked that in my own tab.

It's not so much about hearing exactly every pitch, but more about using intuition to figure out the most accurate way to play what he's playing. When you know your scales pretty well, things just tend to fall into place.