I was playing at a private party/gig last night and some drunken idiot jumped up on the stage flailing around moshing and nailed my stack causing my Line 6 Spider II head to fall more than 8 feet to the concrete floor behind the stage. Of course I lost power because the power cord got yanked and it pulled the jack right out of pedal board. After security kept me from killing the guy they tossed him out things calmed down. I figured that was it for my head I have been gigging with for the last few years. I picked up my trusty Line 6 head put it back on the top of the stack, plugged it in and it worked perfectly! It only has a small scuff on one of the corners and a knob popped off that I found later. Truthfully, I figured I would be shopping for a new amp today but even to my surprise the amp is bullet proof!

If that was my old Marshall JCM it would have been junk today. That fell all of 8" off another amp head landed on a rugged floor and broke costing me over 3 bills to get repaired.
so your saying that with all the bad rap line 6 has at least it can take a tumble?
Gibson Grand Concert Acoustic
roland AC90

I mean this one time I was jacking it pertty hard and was making noises and what not

You, my friend, are a genius!
I've seen JCMs take a tumble too. It mostly comes down to luck.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Line 6 are alright, their solid state spider combos are a joke but the other stuff they make is good for what it's worth.
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

This may be a noob question but
wats everyones problems wth the spider 2 combos?
everyone is always dissin them?

I have a line 6 spider 2 30 watt.
It isnt the most organic amp out there, but for the price, ul find it hard to beat.
Quote by VIO-LENT
It isnt the most organic amp out there, but for the price, ul find it hard to beat.

I will have to disagree with that. For the same price (and volume) I've found Peaveys that sound better.
Quote by pwrmax
I will have to disagree with that. For the same price (and volume) I've found Peaveys that sound better.

Interesting. Amps are a matter of opinion tbh. I bought mine a few years back for 139 pounds sterling.
which peavey are u tlkin about.
Quote by VIO-LENT
Interesting. Amps are a matter of opinion tbh. I bought mine a few years back for 139 pounds sterling.
which peavey are u tlkin about.

Probably any peavey, vypyr especially are overall better modelling amps.
Quote by VIO-LENT

Because they sound like crap.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by VIO-LENT

It’s because the high-gain models on most Spider amps don’t even sound like the amps they’re named for, or for that matter, a guitar amp. There’s no low end to compensate for the crazy can of bees distortion until you get up to the big speakers of the 120-watt model. It’s kind of gross.
Kinda makes me wanna throw a spider around, I'd test your theory but I don't wanna be tossing around my JCM. I trust it could take a hard beating (and it has) but I love it too much to hurt it... Very lucky John, did you at least hit him?
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Too bad it probably still sounded like a Spider II afterwards. I'm a former Spider II owner so I deserve to hate it
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
Did it knock any sense into it?
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.