Hey Peeps

Ill be honest, I dont listen to deathcore, and i dont listen to that much death metal. Good old Cannibal Corpse once in awhile but this is nothing like that.

I just thought id with it a shot. not sure if its any good or not.

C4C

Please leave me a link

Thank you
Attachments:
deathcore.gp5
The beginning wasn't bad...I could certainly hear it with studio programmed background noise to couple with the effect.

The riff following was a bit bland to put it bluntly. It lost my attention pretty quickly and didn't follow what might be considered the deathcore 'norm'. Mix it up a little bit and make it a bit more technical if need be. Concentrate around the notes used in the Spanish Gypsy Scale and you will achieve the oh-so-familiar sound of generic core metal =p.

The riff that had the blastbeat in it seemed a bit out of place. Like the progression was fine (although odd I liked it), it seemed jazzy which I thought would have sounded better and a lot cooler with smooth drums in the background - it would be a sort of break subsequent to a faster riff...reminded me of Becoming the Archetype. But again, focus primarily on using notes in a progressive or regressive manner that fits the rest of the song in order to obtain fluidity.

The tremolo picking was a bit all over as well. Not trying to sound rude, it just didn't seem to work with the rest of the song.

Overall, a good starting idea to what could work it's what into a fairly decent song =p.

Once, I finish my piece which is a little more core inspired I will put it up and you can feel free to drill me with nasty remarks .

EDIT: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1331025
Have at it.
Last edited by xDeV at Jun 27, 2010,
Honestly, I would scrap everything before bar 29.
It's just boring to listen to, but it really picks up at 29.
I don't know what else to really say. It sounds pretty generic already. If that's the sound you were going for, Mission Accomplished. The intro would sound great with something happening in the background like screams, axes slicing, running footsteps, etc. etc.
hi, I'll give you my opinion.

The intro isn't bad and it would certainly be cool with some background noise. but it's too long, I get bored after a while listening to the same riff. Same problem with the second riff it goes on for too long without much variation. make it more alive and a little bit shorter. also bar 28 sounds a bit off to me, but that's probably just me.

after that first bit (1-28) the song gets more pumped up and alive. it sounds a bit generic but in a good way. I like the riffs you made there. but let the 2nd guitar kick in at bar 31 already imo. bar 33-36 I like a lot, it has that authentic melodic deathcore sounds great riff you got there, certainly keep it.

All in all the first part is a bit boring maybe add a little bit more variation, the seconds part is quite good 7.5/10

C4C? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1331353
Really, really, really, really, really, really boring. Sounds like a pretty poor, generic deathcore song. I mean, if that's what you were going for, it sounds fine. But there are no dynamics, the riffs are pretty poor, it doesn't flow well, and it doesn't sound like any attention was paid to the rhythm section.
Yeah, i guess that was what i was going for to be honest, i mean, ive never really tried to write it before. just thought i would give it a shot.