Page 1 of 3
first of i am not tring to bash this band i just want to know what your thoughts are on this and know what is up with it.

I was with one of my friends the other day and he was listening to brand news song vices of of there daisy album and when i heard the solo i about laughed myself to death.so what is up with the solo in that song?
maybe not everybody wants to sound like slash or Steve Vai.

O.K. album though but I prefer the last two.
Oh, "brand new" is the band name.

holy shit, I just youtubed that. That was one of the worst songs I've ever heard.

*e-punches OP*
It's an amazing song. The beauty is in the chaos and dissonance. Not every solo has to be some amazing perfect note 300 notes per second shredfest. The song is clearly one that focuses around energy and chaos and the solo accurately reflects that.
All of our days are numbered
I’ve taken some comfort
In knowing the wave has crested
Knowing I don’t have to be an exception
Wow totally weak and pathetic attempt to sound blown out and loud but they just come across sounding like ****ing douche bags. Well now I know, Brand New ****ing blows.
Quote by InfiniteRain
It's an amazing song. The beauty is in the chaos and dissonance. Not every solo has to be some amazing perfect note 300 notes per second shredfest. The song is clearly one that focuses around energy and chaos and the solo accurately reflects that.

He no doubt did it on accident, then.
Quote by InfiniteRain

this. it's really great.
-

Quote by InfiniteRain

I disagree. I thought it was pretty bad other than the verses.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
I went to a gig to see my friend's band. They were the last support band, I didn't know who the headliner was, everyone left after Codeca and it was just me and 4 or 5 other people, and this band comes on and says 'we're brand new, where the **** did everyone go'. We stayed for about 2 songs then left, and they stopped playing because there was no audience.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
That solo didn't make any sense at all.

Thanks, Captain Obvious.

I didn't like the song, but I don't see what's wrong with the solo. It was obviously supposed to be chaotic and dissonant. And chaos and dissonance isn't some wild new concept in rock music. I dunno why you're all so shocked by it.
Not as bad as I was expecting..

EDIT: People referring to dissonance obviously don't know what dissonance is.
I think the Vuvuzela button on Youtube made the song better
Derpy Derp Derp Herp Derp
Quote by Trowzaa
ITT: Everyone's first impression of Brand New from a very strange song for Brand New...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKZkkBFCceY - Better song

Of all of Brand New's material you pick this song to showcase a first impression? Don't get me a wrong, it's a great song, but far from their best.

To people who don't know Brand New, that's about as chaotic as their songs get. In fact a lot of them don't even have screaming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A36I4L31Hzc

And dissonance is a correct word, the solo implies notes that don't melodically sit that well with the rhythm. It's not hardcore dissonance, but it certainly isn't melodically pleasing.
I’ve taken some comfort
TS: You could of at least put a link to another Brand New song up so people don't think all the songs are like this...
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

WTF happened at 1:30? I was enjoying it

That is a weird solo. Kinda cool that he did something different with it I guess.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
The solo was the best part of the song (not counting the piano bit obviously, but I assume that's a sample). Screaming like that really annoys me. I didn't think there was anything wrong with the solo at all.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
Quote by SlayingDragons
Aw, god, that was horrible...

'Different' or not, it sucked.

It wasn't really very different really. Lots of bands do that sort of thing, a whole lot more.
CuSO4

"I don't have an instrument, I don't have a great voice, I just have some nice clothes maybe." paul rutherford
It's not a groundbreaking song by any means, I don't know why people are expecting it to be.

It's cool nonetheless.

Edit: The "piano" part at the beginning is an old church hymn. It's a sample that starts and ends the album to sort of introduce and tie things together, because in a small way, Daisy is a bit of a concept album (although nowhere near the likes of something like The Wall or In Absentia).
I’ve taken some comfort
Last edited by InfiniteRain at Jun 26, 2010,
Quote by rabidguitarist
I went to a gig to see my friend's band. They were the last support band, I didn't know who the headliner was, everyone left after Codeca and it was just me and 4 or 5 other people, and this band comes on and says 'we're brand new, where the **** did everyone go'. We stayed for about 2 songs then left, and they stopped playing because there was no audience.

that wasnt the same brand new then, because they sell out shows everywhere. theyre huge.
Quote by GoodnightHero
that wasnt the same brand new then, because they sell out shows everywhere. theyre huge.

Yeah, if it was Brand New, it would've been sold out most likely.
I’ve taken some comfort
It was different, but it certainly wasn't "bad" in any way.

I personally like it, this is the first time I've ever heard it. Might have to pick up that album.
Quote by crazy8rgood
It was different, but it certainly wasn't "bad" in any way.

I personally like it, this is the first time I've ever heard it. Might have to pick up that album.

Get "The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me" along with "Daisy," in my opinion. TDAGARIM is one of my all-time favorite albums.
I’ve taken some comfort
Quote by InfiniteRain
Get "The Devil And God Are Raging Inside Me" along with "Daisy," in my opinion. TDAGARIM is one of my all-time favorite albums.

Personally I think Deja Entendu's their best album. Your Favourite Weapon is decent aswell, a little poppy but still amazing lyrics.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Page 1 of 3