Some right now I'm about to buy a pickguard, and I'm looking at the pots and they seem cheap enough, so I'm going to get them now, as well as with the pickup selector. But the pickup choice I've made is I'm hoping to buy a Barenuckle Warpig from a fellow UG'er and put it in the bridge, a DiMarizo Area 58' in the middle, and a DiMarizo Area 61' in the neck.

I don't have a whole lot of experience with buying parts for passive guitars, so what type of pots do I need? I'm thinking 500k pot for the volume, and either 250k, or 500k for the tones, but idk, help piz. I think I'm going to get the Fender 5 way pickup selector switch, seems like it's good enough, $11 it better be good.
it is good. better than the imports in quality.

500k for the volume. you'll probably find 250k too muddy.

500k or 250k for the tones. personal preference.

itd be easier to just go with all 500k.
Quote by Invader Jim
it is good. better than the imports in quality.

500k for the volume. you'll probably find 250k too muddy.

500k or 250k for the tones. personal preference.

itd be easier to just go with all 500k.

Thanks for the answer, thought nobody would answer. I got fed up with nobody answering me so I went and bought all 500k anyway.

Also, I prolly could find this answer, but passives use a cap right next to the tone pot, and I got one of the biggest Fender "grease bucket" upgrade caps. 0.02MFD 50V IC exactly, is that the right one?

One last question, last one I promise, will an F spaced humbucker fit in my Squier Strat Affinity? It's got EMG 81's in it, I assume those are F spaced since there so wide.
f-spaced pups arent any wider, the polepieces are just spaced farther apart. it'll fit. EMGs arent f-spaced. they have a rail instead of polepieces.

not sure what you mean by the second question. any .02 or .022 cap works fine. it'll be the tone cap. the added parts are a .1 cap and 4k7 resistor.
http://www.tdpri.com/telephoto/data/500/Greasebucket_Circuits.jpg
Quote by Invader Jim
f-spaced pups arent any wider, the polepieces are just spaced farther apart. it'll fit. EMGs arent f-spaced. they have a rail instead of polepieces.

not sure what you mean by the second question. any .02 or .022 cap works fine. it'll be the tone cap. the added parts are a .1 cap and 4k7 resistor.
http://www.tdpri.com/telephoto/data/500/Greasebucket_Circuits.jpg

Oh ok, I think the string spacing at the bridge on my Squier is like, 1/8th in shorter than the MIA Fenders.

Do I need those other parts for it to work properly? Musiciansfriend just advertised the cap as part of the Grease bucket circuit. Cause I just thought it was just a cap at the tone pot and that's it.
yeah, that link is the actual greasebucket mod. you already have the tone pot and tone cap (actually now you have 2 tone caps). all you need now is the 4k7 resistor and .1uF cap.

the resistor just keeps the pot from being 'turned down' all the way. but the cap on the wiper of the pot makes a variable paralell RLC filter with the pups and that gets real complicated.