i have a late 90s deluxe players strat... i want to put 3 full-sized humbuckers, cuz im screwed up like that. i want to have 3 mini switches for coil splitting (1 for each pickup) so... would this work? even if you say no im gonna do it anyways cuz im a dumbass also, suggestions on pickus would be great! i play maiden, sabbath, pink floyd... you name it, i play it. i was thinking a PAF in the neck, a Super Distortion in the bridge, and a PAF for the bridge (turned so the adjustable pole pieces are towards the neck) in the middle

ALSO!! i have a $300 fender frontman 212r but i wanna get a tube amp soon (late 60s-early 70s silverface twin from my uncle? i hope so) but mybe a used marshall or something...
have you considered mini-humbuckers?

ok, you want full-seize... it can't be done
Guthrie Govan = Guitar Genius
I don't see why it won't be possible. Crowded, and weakened pickguard, but possible.
Wait, why would you not want any single coils if you like to play Pink Floyd?
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
Quote by Mike-T93
Wait, why would you not want any single coils if you like to play Pink Floyd?

hence the tap

why wont it work? no mounting rings, i measured it... theyll fit i mean, i might put em on if theyll fit
Last edited by IronMaiden76 at Jun 26, 2010,
I think it'll work, you can probably fit 3 humbuckers. Have fun wiring it though :S
yeah... haha i aint scared > but in all honesty, where can i get the mini toggle switches?
what is everyone saying? As long as they'll fit and he wires it right, it will work...

What kind of wiring were you thinking btw? lots of options, one kinda cool one would be to do a normal strat (SSS) wiring so then with the coil taps you can have all single coil sounds and some cool hum and single sounds

EDIT: you can get the mini toggles from stewmac, allparts, warmoth even radioshack/ circuit city should have some (they're a bit more expensive though)
Last edited by michaelbot9000 at Jun 26, 2010,
That's all perfectly feasible with the correct routing in the body.

For pickup ideas I believe our own CorduroyEW [www.rockmonkeyguitar.com] makes Dual Single pickups that are like a rod magnet humbucker rather than a bar magnet with one coil in the pickup a vintage style coil and the other a more modern style. With 3 little 3-way switches you could technically have true modern single, humbucker and true vintage sounds.
Skeet UK is awesome, he can get WD Music parts discounted.
thats exactly what i was thinking, 3 mini switches (1 for each pickup), a 5-way blade switch... so i could have SSS, SHS, HHS, HSH, HHH, HSS, SHH... and so forth
completly impossible!

see! cant be done!

oh wait, what were all of you saying?

you need a swimming pool style route, and then you would probably need to modify a pickguard. actually these guys seem to make one. i personally think i would get a HH pickguard and modify it myself.
You can buy pre loaded pickgaurds or ebay pre-wired with 3 humbuckers in.
Quote by jof1029
i personally think i would get a HH pickguard and modify it myself.

i was thinking an HH or maybe an SSS so i could have the slant bridge pickup and keep the S-1 switch-button-thingy we shall see
Quote by IronMaiden76
yeah... haha i aint scared > but in all honesty, where can i get the mini toggle switches?

I have no idea...

wait hold on a second... http://store.guitarfetish.com/guelco.html

look at the bottom

also GFS has good pickups

anyway, yeah it's possible, yeah it'd be cool, and yes i'd love to see it happen.

oh and by the way, coil taps and blend switches (instead of a 5 way) would be pretty flippin' awesome