Hello everyone!

So i'm having some friends over in a couple of weeks and we're going to play some guitar..

Both of my friends have only been playing for about 2-3 months and can play the major and a few minor chords and a few licks and stuff. The kinds of stuff you would know after a couple of months. Myself ive been playing for almost a year, and im getting decent.

Im looking for some songs that we'de be able to play together, preferably, some cool songs with pretty easy rythm parts and fairly simple lead lines so we can switch around, so they can try playing lead aswell.

Preferably classic rock or blues maybe some punk and light metal?

I need alot of suggestions! Thank you!!

links to tabs for multiple guitars would also be cool
metallica!!!!

hmmm or some weezer!!!!
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Quote by rockstar mace
metallica!!!!

hmmm or some weezer!!!!

Something a bit more specific would be cool, if you could name a few songs id appreciate it much!
Quote by rockstar mace
metallica!!!!
Early lead lines from Metallica are NOT easy. From the Black Album to the album before the latest, maybe.

Um...try some Lynyrd Skynyrd. Just search Lynyrd Skynyrd on this site. Any song is good.
Pork And Beans by Weezer is fairly easy, just to stick to one of the named bands.

Other than that, the "classics" like Summer Of 69 always work.
Something easy by Metallica could be For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fade to Black, Fuel, Nothing Else Matters or The Unforgiven.

Also Iron Maiden's Run To The Hills.

And ANYTHING by Queens of the Stone Age.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Jun 26, 2010,
Escape-Metallica
I'm having my little brother learn that with me so he can get some riff work in, might be challenging for them but that's always good
Take the Kama Sutra. How many people died from the Kama Sutra, as opposed to the Bible? Who wins?-Frank Zappa
Ac/dc
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Thanks everybody so far, ill definately look them all up, more suggestion are welcome aswell!

Might add that, theres only gonna be 1 electric guitar available, the 2 others are going to be playing acoustic..
La Grange, a song that is fun whether you are new or seasoned player. Improvise away on the solos. It is a song that you can use a basic penatonic scale in one position if you want to and sound good.
Quote by Tobyflyr
Thanks everybody so far, ill definately look them all up, more suggestion are welcome aswell!

Might add that, theres only gonna be 1 electric guitar available, the 2 others are going to be playing acoustic..

Then..anything by the Beatles.
The Strokes! The End Has No End has really nice guitar parts and so does Reptilia, but some of them are slightly tricky.

And Your Bird Can Sing by the Beatles could have come out in the last 10 years, it sounds so modern, and there's a great harmony guitar solo.
Alesana has pretty easy guitar parts that are fun to play. They also have three guitarists.
In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 by Coheed and Cambria.
Verse riff is orgasmic to play.

Any Coheed actually. They pretty much always have two intertwining lead parts with very little rhythm bits, so there can be no egotistical cockfights, and everything is fun and easy to play.
...In my opinion.
try detroit rock city, extremely simple solo which both guitars play and a fun riff
No one's mentioned any Iron Maiden?
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Purple Haze is a pretty easy Hendrix song and you can just improvise the solo, you could do some 12 bar blues, and some other improvising stuff aswell
My Fav Guitarists
1) Jimi Hendrix
2) Stevie Ray Vaughan
3) Eric Clapton
4) Joe Satriani
5) Slash -If you see this slash PM me

"Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel" - Jimi Hendrix