Can any body tell me of some exercises for hammer-ons, pull-offs and trill please. When I try and do these techniques, I lose a hella lot of the volume to my playing.

Also, when learning/playing a song along to a metronome, what do you do if the song changes time-signature ie. in Master Of Puppets, most of the song is in 4:4 timing, however, in the following section, it changes to 5:8:

e|-----------|
B|-----------|
G|-----------|
D|-----------|
A|---5/7-5/7-|
E|-0-3/5-3/5-|

Then the bar after it changes back to 4:4. How would I do this playing along to a metronome.

Many thanks.
Can any body tell me of some exercises for hammer-ons, pull-offs and trill please. When I try and do these techniques, I lose a hella lot of the volume to my playing.

Take a look in the main exercises thread, although you'll probably find that taking a simple lick and trying to keep it at an even volume will be much more beneficial.

Then the bar after it changes back to 4:4. How would I do this playing along to a metronome.

With that particular change, you can't rely do that along with a metronome - it'll be on the "and" of each beat the second time through.

What you could do is play it against double the normal speed of click and play on each note instead of every other note.
for exersised for hammer ons pill of and thrills
just do them all over the neck and practice doing it hard enough to not lose volume
for the pull off do it at an angle so that you kinda flick the string a bit that way you dont lose volume
when i play master of puppets i cant even hear a metronome so i cant help you with that
The "/"'s are slides, not hammer on's or pulls off that'll be your problem

As for getting hammers and pulls down pat, take any scale and just hammer on pull each note where applicable.

For example, E-2-4-5-4-2 All hammered and pulled.

Practice makes it good.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
what about using your pinky if its crooked. sorry i had to ask. its sorta hard soing hammer on/pull offs with a crooked pinky
Why pluck just one string when you can...
STRUM THE GUITAR!

Last.fm
Quote by ledhead205
what about using your pinky if its crooked. sorry i had to ask. its sorta hard soing hammer on/pull offs with a crooked pinky

Get a hammer and sort that out

Django Reindhart had two fingers to play with, he managed it somehow. I suggest watching vids of him.

Having a crooked pinky could offer different advantages as opposed to a straight one?

If its a real problem, just then make use of the ring finger more i guess, or just play the last note on a higher string lower down
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
its not useless it just points inward like reach from 1st fret to the 6th not really the seventh.
Why pluck just one string when you can...
STRUM THE GUITAR!

Last.fm
That's not bad, it's just a simulation of someone with small hands - like myself

EDIT:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifKKlhYF53w

"But ONLY hands small!"
You Dont Know Me

Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster