The KFC Creating Monsters thread had me thinking about something I've pondered before: How do we really know what goes on behind the scenes?

You've got your big conspiracy guys (I'm not one myself) who think that the Apollo moon landing was staged, that scientists have discovered time travel and other dimensions, or have just made up a bunch of garbage and haven't really found out anything about the universe.

Now, even I would be quick to laugh at these people and think they're idiots. That said, I wonder sometimes, what if they're right? I know it's highly unlikely that they're right about everything, but how do we know?

Pit, how do we know?

edit: I have about 16 versions of the tinfoil pic, I can do without it, thank you.
Last edited by -[NiL]- at Jun 26, 2010,
I'm often afraid of how easy people are to dismiss things like that as "olol conspiracy". It's sorta like the boy who cried wolf I guess.
The UG Awards exist only to instill me with existential doubt.

For me, the 60's ended that day in 1978...

Willies. Fuck the lick and fuck you too.
You actually make a very good point. I think this video can explain some things for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-agl0pOQfs

EDIT:

Just in case there's some confusion, I am not serious about that.

I am, however serious when I say, "You actually make a very good point."
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Last edited by Rojam at Jun 26, 2010,
I think I can speak for the majority of The Pit when I say this...

I don't care what goes on behind the scenes.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Rojam
You actually make a very good point. I think this video can explain some things for you.

i stopped watching after the one clown said fkn rainbows
Quote by steven seagull
Everytime you feel your attention waning go the mirror and say outloud to yourself...
"I am Rockasaurus Sex...I have the most awesome username in existence and I will ROCK!"
Quote by ROCKASAURUS_SEX
i stopped watching after the one clown said fkn rainbows

Hell you got farther than most.
Rojam's new and improved band!!!!

Listen a little bit, we DON'T suck!
Quote by Rojam

EDIT:

Just in case there's some confusion, I am not serious about that.

I am, however serious when I say, "You actually make a very good point."

Someone actually linked me to that months ago. It was one of the things that kept the whole thought in the back of my mind. And I've never found a legitimate answer. The whole thing is just kind of unsettling.
This is reminding me of The Flat Earth Society.

I personally believe that some conspiracies have a little bit of truth behind then, I just cba to recall which ones I'm thinking of.
Last edited by crazy8rgood at Jun 26, 2010,
Quote by Rojam
Hell you got farther than most.

It's a good song!
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
WE KNOW NOTHING!

That is all
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
There are no pyroteknix backstage, are there? No, I think not. I don't care about backstage then.
Quote by CoreysMonster
Why, my pasty danish cracker, I believe you've got it!
You would no be cause people cannot keep secrets...all the big conspiracies...people actually al ready knew about...

Area 51...the government said it didn't exist..but there were also people who lived near it who knew it was there and dikdnt care cause it was just a boring old air strip.

Another is that the whole world is run by major coporations...the answer to that one is duh...money = power coporations have money there fore they have the power..or at least alot of it..

the moon landing...yes people landed on the moon...not actually that great a scientific feat when you think about it. In fact it is much more dangerous to go to the bottom of the ocean than to the moon..going to the bottom of the ocean is just cheaper.

There are things that go on that we don't know about..but its not really what people generally think.
^I agree with you, despite how poorly written that post is.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
*reported*
There's already a thread about this.
Learn to use the searchbar.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
yeh i understand where you're coming from. and in essence we don't really know for sure. i do often wonder sometimes, about the outcomes, of a still verdictless life. but at the end of the day, will it help us if we know things? if "the people" have too much knowledge then they might disagree with what's going on and as such revolt. but if they/we don't then what we don't know can't hurt us. if everyone knew everything what would be the point of a pyramid of heirarchy? it'd just be a line. they're not lying to us, they're just being economical with the truth. conspiracies; yeah they exist, do i want to know about them? of course i do. will it bother me if i die before i know, hell no. at the end of the day, we only last 70-100 years, things like Area 51 and the such have existed long before we were born and will continue to survive long after we've died. so there's no point in pressing for these things to come out because everything happens for a reason.
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
IMO, if the government was powerful enough to pull off something so large it could be considered a conspiracy, then odds are they would be able to keep it under wraps. I don't believe in the 9/11 conspiracy, or the moon landing conspiracy, etc, but I don't doubt that there are a lot of things the governments of the world keep behind closed doors, some of which are undoubtedly pretty important to the stability of the modern world.