Hey guys.

Iv'e been playing guitar for about 2 years now and I think it's about time to get a new guitar because all I've been playing is my Squire Strat.

I usually play metal now and since I'm not quite a money person I looking for good low end guitars. I was told Schecter were good low end guitars and they give you more for your money, so I'm looking at this one:

Schecter Demon 6 FR

What you guys think? Good guitar for the price? Saw one for £350 ($500-550?)
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Last edited by Dream Floyd at Jun 26, 2010,
Schecters are great guitars, never tried one of the demons. Try before you buy.
CALL ME JOHN

MARSHALL JCM 2000 Amp head/Cab
White Synyster Custom 1/100
Rest of my rig on my profile!

Don't acknowledge right, just dwell on...

...Wrong.

This spot in Hell...

...Is where I belong
Quote by IbanezRGS
Schecters are great guitars, never tried one of the demons. Try before you buy.

Trust me the Damiens are awesome, and they have METAL bat inlays.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
Schecters are good but at the lower end the thing thats gonna suffer is the quality of the trem so i might consider a hardtail.
SMILE!
Quote by Dream Floyd
Trust me the Damiens are awesome, and they have METAL bat inlays.

That's nice, but it's not a Damien.

TS, the guitar looks pretty good. I would look around a little more though, if that deal is going to be around for a while. Try out different stuff, and see if you like the neck on it. That's important.

Also, be aware that it has a floyd rose, and do the necessary research for that before you come on here bitching about it.

Other than that, yeah. If you like it, it looks good.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I like this damien 6 because its basically a demon but its got a couple of emg's . But is the FR bridge good on it? Cause it would like one with a FR. If its not good on this, il just get a TOM bridged one
Personally, I'd avoid it. I had a Damien, which is very similar to Demon. The tone was muffled, the FR very unresponsive, the neck and bit lacklustre - and I had continuous problems with the output jack. EMG HZ are very uninspiring. Probably better going for an Ibanez RG.

Having said that, I understand the Hellraiser Schecters to be much better.
Last edited by Nostoi at Jun 27, 2010,
i have the Demon FR and it ****ing rocks, the Duncan Designed pickups are much better than EMG HZ