I've been playing my amp for about 4 years now and have never had a problem until a few days ago when it suddenly stopped powering on. It just went from working perfectly to suddenly not working at all. I've checked with multiple cables, replaced the fuses, and checked the tubes but don't see anything wrong. Is there something going on I can't figure out, or would it just crap the bed suddenly without giving me any warning signs?
Phish Phan
DeadHead
Moe.ron
If there's a jam out there, I'm probably listening to it.

Check out the Bodatious Banana Extravaganza: http://myspace.com/bbeboston
Try it in different power outlets.
Also, there aswell as the fuse in the amp, have you checked the fuse in your power lead?
Just because you can't see anything wrong with the tubes dosn't mean that there isn't anything wrong with them, I would have a go at replacing them anyway, then you'll know that if it still dosn't work, then you have a more serious problem, if it does work, you've got some new tubes
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
You have to start going through the circuit bit by bit looking for faults. Swapping tubes, measuring transformer windings for continuity, chasing voltages around, that sort of thing - in short, be a tech and do the normal fault finding things a tech would do. If I need to tell you this I suspect it is beyond you.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
You have to start going through the circuit bit by bit looking for faults. Swapping tubes, measuring transformer windings for continuity, chasing voltages around, that sort of thing - in short, be a tech and do the normal fault finding things a tech would do. If I need to tell you this I suspect it is beyond you.

Funny you say that because it is beyond me and I was afraid of having to do something like this. Good thing there are schematics online
Phish Phan
DeadHead
Moe.ron
If there's a jam out there, I'm probably listening to it.

Check out the Bodatious Banana Extravaganza: http://myspace.com/bbeboston