Hey guys, I have a quick question. My guitar has an HB - SC - HB configuration, but I rarely use the single coil. It does, however, get in the way of my pick ever since I lowered the action. Since the pickup doesn't seem to be adjustable in anyway my question is as follows:

Is it possible to just remove the pickup without any further complications?

Further details and/or clarification can be provided if necessary.

Thanks in advance,

Flipje
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Quote by salgala2000
You would have to de-solder it from the pots.

if it's a case of follow the wires and de-solder them than that won't be a problem
Quote by lockedandlogan
Let me get this straight. You're asking a bunch of people who are sitting at their computers, likely due to boredom, what to do for fun.

Quote by GaijinFoot
Old chinese proverb says: Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger

Wise words
Quote by salgala2000
You would have to de-solder it from the pots.

This. and you would have to fill in the holes or the guitar will look like ass.
Quote by theogonia777
and then there's free jazz, which isn't even for musicians.

Quote by Born A Fool
As my old guitar teacher once said: Metal really comes from classical music. The only difference is pinch harmonics, double bass, and lyrics about killing goats.
If you remove it you'll have a big empty route in your guitar or pickguard. You might as well just lower the pickup. All pickups are adjustable by tightening or loosening their mounting screws. Just loosen the two screws next to the pickup and it'll drop lower.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
Quote by Mike-T93
If you remove it you'll have a big empty route in your guitar or pickguard. You might as well just lower the pickup. All pickups are adjustable by tightening or loosening their mounting screws. Just loosen the two screws next to the pickup and it'll drop lower.

As I tried to clarify, the mounting screws only tighten or loosen the pickup and seem to have no effect on the height, the humbuckers are adjustable and I have already lowered those.
Quote by lockedandlogan

Quote by GaijinFoot

Wise words