I've got a problem with my pedal.

It's a Danelectro Milkshake Chorus (?) and I bought it second hand. It's worked fine for about 2 months until just a moment ago when I plug it in and all I get is this really loud, frog-like ribbit sound coming from my amp, which works fine. I can't get it to go away and it only suddenly started when I was playing. I'm not a pedal expert or anything and this was my first one just to see how the things work. There's no problems with my leads, of which I need two of to use it, so physically I can't see a problem.

Your help is very much appreciated here.

Thanks
Last edited by LedZep9626 at Jun 26, 2010,
Definately try new leads if that fails it sounds like the pedals goosed beyond repair by an unskilled tech, still in warranty?
SMILE!
I've got the sticker underneath it which I think still keeps it in warranty, though probably not. One of my leads is definitely okay, but the other I got from school and it's pretty banged up. It works fine when plugged into the amp itself though.
Quote by LedZep9626
It uses an official Danelectro battery.

You should get a new battery or try it with an adapter, like a 1 Spot. 2 months are a lot out of a single battery, most pedals eat batteries.
Quote by LedZep9626
It uses an official Danelectro battery.

that doesn`t make a blind bit of difference, it`s probably a duracell with danelectro printed on it.

contact danelectro and explain the fault to them and arrange a repair, there`s in all likelyhood nothing that you`ll be able to rewire yourself.
Quote by jof1029
before anything else, try a new battery.

I already wrote that a few posts above.
Quote by jof1029
before anything else, try a new battery.

Done. I'll get some money later.