well..I currently have about 250$ and i could make another 500$ from working.
the problem is in israel the prices are about 20-30% more expansive in effects and guitars and about 40-80% more expansive in the amp section.
currently i have a frontman 25R and epiphone sg-400(frontman costed me about 200$ and guitar 400$).
im not sure what to buy(im open for second hand witch brakes down like this:
used guitars are about 70-120% of the price of new guitar in the usa.
used effects are about 70-110% of the price of new effect in the usa.
used amp are about 90-140% of the price of new amp in the usa.
I've found an effect BOSS me-50 for 250$(second hand) witch is a good price(and in my town so no long drives(other me-50 are selling for 300$+ used and 400$ for new one))
do you have some good gear to suggets in general(without the price caculation, i could find one and post a price) in the 550$+-(as i sad ill have 750$ but shit here is expansive)?
What styles of music do you play?

I know what you're going through, when I lived in Jamaica, guitar stuff cost twice as much as it would in the US.

Instead of the ME-50 you could see if you could get a GT-8 or GT-10, and run it through a Fender Frontman 212R. I know a guy who did this when I was in Jamaica and it didn't sound too bad.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
so lets cut to the chase, 500$(where it would be 350-400$ if i would buy an amp) what are my options?
my style is classic rock with an back door for metal for occasional solos.
such as:AC/DC,METALLICA,G&R,BLACK SABBATH,IRON MAIDEN,LED ZEPPLEIN, PINK FOLYED,QUEEN,DREAM THEATER.

311ZOSOVHJH i cant find a vypyr tube 60 in israel.
how does the transtube series of peavy are?(bandit 112 costs 575$ in here)
also the blackheart 15W combo costs 670$
and finnaly and most impressivly is the MA-50 combo i could find for 820$
don't get the MA

blackhearts are cool for blues and rock/thrash

transtube and bandit are earlier versions of vypyr transtube technology. NO direct
experience but friends here tell me it rocks....so.

can you order a vypyr 60?
is it for home playing or are u going to be gigging?

if for home playing, get a blackstar ht-5 if u can.
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
not sure about ordering and importing it... i do plan to start to gig in the upcoming monthes so its is recommanded 15W tube+ or 50W+ trans.
i understand....

most of the bands you just listed can be pullled off with an EL34 tubed brit amp?>

blackstar HTs, Blackhearts,

traynor, Marshall DSL head, Crate 18, Peavey Classic 30 maybe eh
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Jun 27, 2010,
bump, any more suggestions?
so what whould you finnaly recomamnd, new guitar, new amp or a new multieffect?
New Amp, You said you could get your hands on the blackheart handsome devil right? Thats probably your best bet, Maybe a Peavey Windsor combo?
Gear
Peavey Vypyr 15
Peavey Windsor head

Custom Ibanez RG
ESP EC-1000
Quote by dany_100
bump, any more suggestions?
so what whould you finnaly recomamnd, new guitar, new amp or a new multieffect?

If you want straight guitar to amp sound thats good and has built in spring reverb, can run between 10-100w with a lil knob, has 3 distortion settings (classic, 80's metal, nu-metal), 2 cleans for modern more warm clean and 1 for vintage fender twang clean. ANd its for 250 USD or less. Idk what that translates out 2 in israel. Get the Peavey Bandit 112. Its loud enough to gig with, and it sounds good. I want to get a mult-fx go with it but honestly if you want just a basic versatile amp with good sound and cheap get the bandit 112. It's not all digital like the Vypers. I didnt like the vypers i played.

MAKE SURE YOU GET THE OLDER ONE WITH THE RED TRIM! DONT GET THE BLUE OR GREY THEY SUCK. GET THE RED ONE! Thats what I own and its awesome.
well.. i found a bandit 112 for actualy 1000NIS witch is about 250$ so i could spend the rest 200-500$ that i would get on multi?
becasue im starting to practice with someone and my teacher sad that i must get an effect pedal(expression pedal i assume) and without it it would be very hard to prectice with other guitrarist in my level.
suggestions?
Your teacher is talking shit
Call me Cahum.

Squier Classic Vibe 50s Strat
Epiphone AJ-10 Acoustic

Valvepower 18w
Blackheart 112 cab
u could get the bandit 112 and a boss me-70
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
What makes the ones with red trim different? Are there any problems with the other ones because im thinking about buying one.
i've just tried my amp at home at preaty much full voluve(onyl 2.7 gain volume becouse past this its just shit) and clean up to 7(past that shit as well) and it isnt that load.
1)how does the peavey studio 112 preforme in comparison?
few question about the amp itself:
2)does the power tube gives it any diffrence(volune, tone, sound quality)?
3)the peavey has a blue marvel speaker, compared to some classics as celestion gt-12 or vintage 30 is it it that rank or much lower(like stock frontman speaker)?
Quote by dany_100
my style is classic rock with an back door for metal for occasional solos.
such as:AC/DC,METALLICA,G&R,BLACK SABBATH,IRON MAIDEN,LED ZEPPLEIN, PINK FOLYED,QUEEN,DREAM THEATER.

311ZOSOVHJH i cant find a vypyr tube 60 in israel.
how does the transtube series of peavy are?(bandit 112 costs 575$ in here)
also the blackheart 15W combo costs 670$
and finnaly and most impressivly is the MA-50 combo i could find for 820$

I wouldn't buy a Blacheart 15 W, I'd buy the the 5 watt instead. It's way too loud for the your bedroom. And the 5 watt is cheaper so that might be a better option for your situation.
(I guess that you are a bedroom hero?)
Gear:
----------------------
Jack and Danny Brothers Ls-5
Ibanez Gsa 60
----------------------
Zoom g9.2tt (for sale (NL))
----------------------
Blackheart Little Giant
bedroom hero for now, but soon ill perform to about 50-100 people in a club size place.
so 15W would be great but it is still 2.7 times more expansive than the "stronger" 65W studio.
got another good offer.
schecter c-1 elite for about 200$(witch is great,especially becouse of the high prices in israel)
what do you say?