can someone please explan to me how to palm mute and do triplets at the same time in the most basic and non complicated way you can.
Do you mean galloping type triplets (Think Iron Maiden, Raining Blood by Slayer, etc) or actual triplets where there isnt a gap between each group of three notes?
Quote by mishax92
Do you mean galloping type triplets (Think Iron Maiden, Raining Blood by Slayer, etc) or actual triplets where there isnt a gap between each group of three notes?
"Gallops" aren't actually triplets, they're a set of sixteenth notes and then an eight note. In order for them to be triplets, the beat has to be divided evenly into three pieces.
Only play what you hear. If you don’t hear anything, don’t play anything.
-Chick Corea
Quote by food1010
"Gallops" aren't actually triplets, they're a set of sixteenth notes and then an eight note. In order for them to be triplets, the beat has to be divided evenly into three pieces.

Yes I know, but I was using the term "triplets" as the OP seemed to have made that mistake, so just for reference I used the term triplets too.
Quote by mishax92

Either way, the muting technique for both is the same.

TS you just have to find a comfortable place for your hand. After that it's just a matter of getting used to moving your hand around while muting. Take it slow. Find what works best for you.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.